List and discuss three (3) criteria for justifying the usefulness of an
The uses of research in educating among all include
a Assist to discover new ideas and relevant information on the relevant information on the identified problem?
b. Help establish creative and technological reasoning.
c. Assist individual and collective research work in solving local, state and national problems.
d. Help to monitor the development and progress of education programmes.
1. Relevance to Identified Problems: For educational research to be considered useful, it must address relevant problems and issues faced by educators, students, institutions, or the education system as a whole. This criterion emphasizes the importance of research being directly applicable to real-world challenges. When research focuses on problems that educators and students encounter, it can provide actionable insights, solutions, and improvements. For example, research investigating effective strategies for reducing dropout rates could directly impact educational policies and practices.
2. Practical Application and Impact: Educational research should not exist in isolation; it should have practical applications that can be implemented in educational settings. Research findings should offer actionable recommendations or solutions that educators, policymakers, and practitioners can apply to improve teaching methods, curriculum design, student learning experiences, and overall educational outcomes. This criterion underscores the significance of research going beyond theoretical discussions and positively influencing actual practices in the field.
3. Contribution to Knowledge and Theory: Useful educational research contributes to the advancement of knowledge and theory in the field. This criterion emphasizes the importance of research in expanding our understanding of educational processes, learning theories, instructional methodologies, and other relevant areas. Research that generates new insights, challenges existing assumptions, or develops innovative theories adds to the intellectual growth of education. Such research not only informs practical applications but also guides the development of effective educational practices.
Uses of Research in Education: a. Discovering New Ideas and Information: Research helps educators and policymakers uncover fresh perspectives, ideas, and data related to educational challenges. By investigating and analyzing issues from various angles, researchers can provide a comprehensive understanding of problems and potential solutions.
b. Establishing Creative and Technological Reasoning: Research often involves exploring creative and innovative ways to address educational problems. Additionally, advancements in technology impact teaching methods, student engagement, and learning outcomes. Educational research contributes to the development and application of technology-based solutions that enhance education.
c. Solving Local, State, and National Problems: Research plays a crucial role in addressing problems at different levels of the education system. It can provide insights into issues specific to local communities, contribute to state-level policy decisions, and inform national strategies for educational improvement.
d. Monitoring Development and Progress: Educational research helps monitor the effectiveness of education programs and initiatives. By conducting rigorous evaluations and assessments, researchers can measure the impact of interventions, identify areas for improvement, and ensure that educational programs align with desired outcomes.
In summary, educational research is justified by its relevance to identified problems, practical application and impact, and contribution to knowledge and theory. Its uses in education include discovering new ideas, fostering creative reasoning, solving problems at different levels, and monitoring educational progress.
List and discuss three (3) criteria for justifying the usefulness of an educational research:
- The first criterion for justifying the usefulness of educational research is its __________ to identified problems. a) Relevance b) Irrelevance c) Ambiguity
- The second criterion emphasizes the __________ of research findings in educational settings. a) Theoretical discussions b) Practical application c) Philosophical debates
- The third criterion involves the __________ of knowledge and theory in the field. a) Stagnation b) Regression c) Advancement
The uses of research in educating among all include:
- Research in education assists in discovering new __________ and relevant information to address problems. a) Patterns b) Ideas c) Misconceptions
- Educational research contributes to establishing __________ reasoning by exploring innovative solutions. a) Traditional b) Creative c) Conventional
- Research supports individual and collective efforts in solving problems at __________ levels. a) National b) International c) Local, state, and national
- One of the uses of research in education is to help monitor the __________ and progress of educational programs. a) Regression b) Stagnation c) Development
- Research aids educators in __________ fresh perspectives on educational challenges. a) Ignoring b) Uncovering c) Denying
- Through research, educators can establish a strong foundation of __________ reasoning in educational practices. a) Traditional b) Technological c) Conventional
- Educational research assists in addressing issues at various levels, including __________. a) Regional b) Local, state, and national c) International
- One of the uses of research in education is its contribution to __________ educational programs and initiatives. a) Obstructing b) Monitoring c) Eliminating
- Research in education helps in the __________ of technology-based solutions for teaching and learning. a) Prevention b) Neglect c) Establishment
- Research supports __________ research efforts by providing insights for solving local and national issues. a) Isolated b) Global c) Collective
- Educational research contributes to the __________ of knowledge and theories in the field. a) Contraction b) Advancement c) Regression
- The use of research in education assists in ensuring the __________ of educational programs and initiatives. a) Deterioration b) Development c) Halt
(a) Define the term ‘correlation’ and ‘regression’, (b) State the range of measure of correlation and regression.
Distinguish between A. Variables and constants B. Discrete and continuous variable C. Population and sample D. Statistics and Parameter