Basic Science and Technology
Second Term / 2nd Term
Previous lesson :
The pupils have the previous knowledge of
that was taught in the last lesson
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- say the colours that make up the zebra crossing line
- say the use of the zebra crossing.
Instructional Materials :
- Poster or pictures that shows the zebra crossing
- Wall Chart
- Online materials
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
The zebra crossing is a form of black and white strip of colours make on major roads to indicate that pupils or other road users want to cross the road to the other side of the road.
Motorists are expected to stop and wave other drivers to stop whenever they see the pedestrian standing by the zebra crossing willing to cross the road.
Activities on Road Safety on Zebra Crossing For Early Pre Scholars.
- Pupils may be taken on a short excursion to a very close nearby zebra crossing to sentize the early learners on the use of zebra crossing
- Pupils should be taught that their safety on the road is very important and they should not cross the road in between parked cars or vehicles
- Early pre schoolers may be make to make an Improvised zebra crossing in their classroom by making white and black srips just like the real zebra crossing
- Cross the road at the Zebra Crossing.
- Drivers are to wait for road users standing by the zebra crossing to cross the road.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
DRAW THE ZEBRA CROSSING LINES AND PAINT
On the traffic light 🚦
Red means ________
Yellow means ________
Green means ________
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)