AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE SECOND TERM E NOTES FOR BASIC FOUR
SAFETY MEASURE IN APPLYING CHEMICALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
Instructional Materials :
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught
MATERIALS FOR GROWING CROPS CONT.
in their previous lesson
At the end of the lesson , pupils should be able to
1. List two safety measures in applying chemicals
2. State two dangers of excessive use of chemicals
SAFETY MEASURES IN APPLYING CHEMICALS
- Spray the chemicals with the aid of a knapsack sprayer with your mouth and face covered. This is to disallow chemicals to get into your mouth.
- Do not allow chemicals to come in contact with your skin.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water after use. It is even better to take a full bath after use.
DANGERS INVOLVED IN EXCESSIVE USE OF CHEMICALS
- Chemicals can be toxic to the crop and kill our crops.
- It can destroy the useful living things in the soil.
- It can be washed into streams and rivers and kill fish and other water living organisms.
- Chemicals can cause water and air pollution
- Some chemicals if they touch our skin, can burn the skin.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- List two safety measures in applying chemicals
- State two dangers of excessive use of chemicals
The teacher summarize the lesson. He or she gives out a board summary of the topic as note . He or she goes round to mark and does the necessary corrections
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)