Edu Delight Tutors
3RD TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS: J.S.S. 2
3RD TERM EXAMINATION
SUBJECT: Civic Education
INSTRUCTION: Underline the correct answer
1. In democracy, ultimate power belongs to the _________ a. Leader
b. representative c. lawyer d. people
2. All these are qualification for voting in Nigeria except ____ a. citizenship
b. age c. residence d. sex
3. The best thing to do when your right is violated is to _________a. go to media
b. feel bad c. electorate d. go to court
4. In Nigeria, for a single term, the president is constitutionally required to spend ______ a. 6 years b. 5 years c. 3 years d. 4 years
5. The national anthem has _________stanzas a. 3 b. 4 c. 5 d. 2
6. The minimum voting age in Nigeria is __________ a. 18 years b. 15 years
c. 30 years d. 23 years
7. Which of these is the most important to you? A. right to life B. right to vote
C. right to dignity d. right to religion
8. Nigeria is practicing _______party system a. Multi b. one c. two d. ten
9. One of the consequences of choosing a candidate to represent people in
Government through voting is _________a. election b. representative
c. Democracy d. registration
10. The process of choosing a candidate to represent people in government
Though voting is ________a. election b. representative c. democracy
- Which of these is an arm of government (a) Legislature (b)Judiciary (c) Executive
- Which is a quality of a good leader (a) Obey rules and regulations (b) Humility (c) violent in nature.
- Which is not a consequence of bad leadership? (a) Civic Unrest (b) Economic hardship (c) Forwardness.
- Which is not a function of government? (a) Maintenance of law and order (b) Protection of right of citizen (c) Provision of daily food
- Which is not a need for check & balance in government (a) To prevent one arm from being powerful (b) To empower sectors (c) To ensure stability in government.
- Punishment of law breaking includes? (a) Withdrawal of rights (b) Opposition of tyranny (c) Promotion of steady progress.
- Which is a quality of a good leader? (a) Disciplined (b) Dishonest (c) Arrogant.
- What does the rule of law mean? (A)Supremacy of the law (b) Lawlessness.
- Nigeria got its independence on (a)1st October 1962 (b) 1st October 1960 (c)22nd October 1960
- Cheating during examination is called (a)examination duty (b)examination malpractice (c)cooperation
- The right to work in order to earn a living is (a) cultural right (b) Economic right (c) political right
- The right to have a decent life in the community is (a) social right (b) cultural right (c) civil right
- The right that enable us to relate meaningfully with other members of the societies is (a) civil rights (b) Social rights (c) Economic rights
- The role of law means (a) rule to be disobeyed (b) rules stated outs (c) supremacy of the law
- Which body conducts voter’s registration? (a) Electoral commission (b) voter’s commission (c) President
- Which is not a process of voting of (a) held in smaller units (b) education or electorates (c) not counting the votes after election
- When was the Federal Electoral Commission (a) 1978 (b) 1976 (c0 1979
- Who established the national Electoral Commission (a) Gen. Shehu Shagari (b) Gen. Muritala Muhammed (c) Gen. Ibrahim Babginda
- Who appointed Chief Dangogo to head National Electoral Commission (a) Sanni Abacha (b) Olusegun Obasanjo (c) Muritala Muhammed
- Election helps select people that will govern us (a) true (b) false (c) all of the above
- State four consequences of bad leadership and followership (ii) Qualities of a good leader
- Define Government
State the arms of government
State three functions of government
- Define law
Mention 6 benefit of rule of law
SECTION D Answer any three questions from this section
1. Outline 5 important of election 2. Outline 5 procedures for voting
3. What is constitution? List 3 sources of constitution
4a. List 3 types of election (b) What is supremacy of the constitution?
5 List and explain 5 types of values you know
(Visited 617 times, 15 visits today)