SUBJECT: VERBAL APT. CLASS: PRIMARY 5
Underline the correct answers matching related words.
Pick the largest from the list below
- cat , ant , dog, horse
- Lorry , car, bus, kit-car, motor cycle
- tree, trunk, twig, branch, leaf
Underline the synonyms in the list below:
- Dangerous:- safe , harmful, indifferent
- bitter:- sweet , sour , soft
- Excess:- decrease, reduce, surplus
- halt :- start, stop, move
Underline the word which replaces the underlined word in the sentence below.
- she wrote her last examination last week . (first, final, next)
- Your writing skill must be improve (a) inability(b) ability (c) style
- The policemen is looking very weak. (a) feeble (b)strong (c) agile
Choose the antonyms of the word in capital letters.
- GIANT – dwarf, toll, stout
- GENTLE – breezy, violent, broad
- SAINT – priest , sinner, monk
- HOST- friend , hostess, guest
Complete with the most suitable words from the brackets.
- The ___of God was referred to as the ______ of righteousness. (son, sun)
- He lost the _____ at the _____(key , guay)
3. .He will ______ the butcher who sells the _____ to my aunt (meat , meet)
Write True (T), false (F) or NOT always true (NAT) in the spaces provided at the right side.
- Men are taller than women ___________
- Bungalows are higher than storey buildings _______
- The sun sets in the evening _________________
- Policeman are all dishonest _________________
Complete the sentences below:
- A vacant house is ______(occupied, full, empty, living)
- Prohibit means ____(advertise, allow, forbid, prove)
- Enthusiasm means ___( zeal, fuss , excitement, success)
- A visitor who was staying in a _____city ( noisy, dirty, strange, familiar)
- Lace up your ____(curtain, handkerchief, shoe, gloves) and make a
- The second to the last vowel in the alphabet is ____ (I,e,o,u)
- The chief of a town needs to be ___________ (cunning, efficient, old)
- If you _____hard (eat, drink, sleep, work) you will soon ____(excel , waken, finish, decide)
- To pursue means ___(new, retreat, chase, run)
Choose from the list, two words of opposite meaning.
- Pretty, innocent, unfair, guilty, wise.
- over, above, below, high, lofty
- clever, sharp, keen, even, blunt
Fill up the blanks with , where and there
- ______ are you? The horsemen ________ riding wards them.
- They ________ near the city ____________ he was killed.
- ____________, __________ they then?
- The suspects _______________ found guilty in the house _____________ Amos lived.