Primary 6 / Basic 6 / Grade 6
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of MEANING AND FUNCTIONS OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- To say the Location of NAFDAC office in Lagos
- say how to check out NAFDAC number on products
- Say the usefulness of NAFDAC number in the society
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
- Bottle water
- Sachet water
- Sample NAFDAC number
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Organize an excursion with the aim of taking the pupils to a field trip or excursion to NAFDAC office in Lagos . NAFDAC cooperate office is at Plot 1, Industrial Estate, 22/132 Lagos- Oshodi Apapa Express Way, Isolo, Lagos . On the day of the excursion , make sute that the pupils arrive in school in good time so that the driver can beat endless Lagos traffic in order to make sure that the pupils get to their venue in good time and leave on time after been attended to by a NAFDAC official that will attend to any questions that the pupils may have .
Some of the likely questions that the pupils may ask on their visit to NAFDAC office
- When was NAFADC established
- What is the full meaning of NAFDAC
- What is the importance or essence of NAFDAC number
- How is NAFDAC number obtained
- What are the necessary requirement for setting up a pure water business in Lagos
- How does NAFDAC deal with people that disobey NAFDAC rules and regulations
FUNCTIONS OF NATIONAL AGENCY FOR FOOD, DRUG, ADMINISTRATION AND CONTROL (NAFDAC)
It performs the following functions:
- They carry out the necessary tests and ensure that standards are been followed.
- They monitor and control circulation of fake drugs.
- They monitor and control circulation of Expires drugs
- They control the manufacturing, importation, sale and use of food.
- They control the manufacturing, importation, sale and use of drugs.
- They control the manufacturing, importation, sale and use of cosmetics.
- They control the manufacturing, importation, sale and use of medical devices.
- They control the manufacturing, importation, sale and use of packaged water.
- They control the manufacturing, importation, sale and use of chemicals.
- They register food, bottle water and chemical product.
- They inspect imported food, drugs cosmetic and other related products.
- They establish a quality assurance system and certification.
- They undertake investigation into production premises and raw materials for food, drugs, cosmetic etc.
- They issue certifications of production sites.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- Explain the full meaning of NAFDAC
- Mention five functions of NAFDAC
- Write out five NAFDAC numbers from any five products that you can five that have NAFDAC numbers
- What is the meaning of Excursion
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about Revision for second term