CIVIC EDUCATION PRIMARY 6
SCHEME OF WORK
1ST , 2ND AND 3RD TERM
PRIMARY 6 CIVIC EDUCATIONS
SCHEME OF WORK
PRIMARY 6 CIVIC EDUCATION
National Honors Awards
Reasons for giving national honors
(A). Examples and Categories on Nigerian National honours Awards
(B). Examples of selfless service
(C). Outstanding National Award Recipient
Valuing Nigerian Goods
Values that promote peace
Co – Operation
National consciousness and identity
Meaning of Ethnicity
Revision and Examination
SECOND TERM CIVIC EDUCATION FOR PRIMARY SIX (6)
WEEK 1: REVISION OF FIRST TERM’S WORK
WEEK 2: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS AND IDENTITY IV
- Values related to Nationalism and patriotism.
- Examples of non – national symbols
- Differences between Nigerian National Symbol and Non National Symbols.
WEEK 3: CITIZENSHIP AND NATIONALIZATION
- Meaning of Citizen
- How to become a citizen of a country
WEEK 4: NATIONALIZATION
- Definition of Nationalization
- Conditions foreigners must fulfil before becoming Nigerians Citizens
- Reasons foreigners are in our land
WEEK 5: ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF FOREIGNERS IN OUR MIDST
- Advantages of foreigners in our midst.
- Disadvantages of foreigners in our midst.
- Examples of foreign companies in Nigeria.
WEEK 6: GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES
- Government policies and programmes.
- Meaning of NEEDS, UBE, and DUE process.
WEEK 7: IMPORTANCE OF GOVERNMENT POLICIES AND PROGRAMMES TO NIGERIANS
- Importance of Universal Basic Education Programmes (UBE)
- Importance of National Economic Empowerment and Development and Strategy (NEEDS)
- Importance of due process (DP)
WEEK 8: GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
- the meaning of institutions
- types of government institutions in Nigeria
WEEK 9: MEANING AND FUNCTIONS OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA
- Meaning of different types of Government institutions in Nigeria.
- Functions of different types of Government institutions in Nigeria
WEEK 10: GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA (PRACTICALS)
- Invite a government official to talk to the pupils on activities of SON, NAFDAC, EFCC, NDLEA etc.
- Bring a sachet water into the classroom and let the pupils point out the NAFDAC number on the sachet.
WEEK 11: CIVIL SOCIETY
- Meaning of civil society
- Classification of civil society
WEEK 12: REVISION AND TEST
WEEK 13: EXAMINATION
Third Term Scheme of Work For Civic Education
PRIMARY SIX (6)
2.Revision of Second Term’s Work
(A). Examples of civil society groups in Nigeria –
CLO, Human rights CD, NADECO
(B). meaning of civil society groups e.g CLO means civil liberty organization
More On Civil society
(A). Functions of civil society groups in Nigeria
(B). Problem of civil society in Nigeria.
Week 4 :
Moral aspect of drug education
- How to protect our health and the health of Others
- Concept of right and wrong, good and bad health habit
- Religious and traditional beliefs on drug Abuse
(A). Drugs that are commonly abused
(B). Effect of drug abuse
Drug laws and their enforcement
(A). Meaning of drugs trafficking
(B). Consequences of drug trafficking
(A). Agencies responsible for enforcing drugs Laws e.g NDLEA, custom and exercise
(B). Functions of drugs laws enforcement agencies
Revision 1st Term Civic Education Primary 6
Revision 2nd Term Civic Education Primary 6
Revision 3rd Term Civic Education Primary 6
Compilation of results and vacation
(Visited 829 times, 1 visits today)