Subject : Christian Religious Studies
Term : First Term
Week: Week 9
Class : Basic 6 / Primary 6
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of the previous topic as it relates to the implication of Lydia’s conversion
Topic : The Letters Of Paul Known As The Epistles. (Part 2)
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to
- Say the meaning of the Epistles
- Mention some of the Epistles that are written by Paul
- Write out the reasons for writing the Epistles
- Write out the number of Paul’s epistles
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards.
- The Holy Bible
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
- The Holy Bible
1. What is the meaning of epistles? Epistles means letters.
2. Who was Paul? Paul was formerly Saul who was the persecutor of the saints
3. Why did Paul write the epistle? Paul wrote the Epistles to encourage, inspire, motivate, advise and correct the church and believers in Christ in other cities
4.. Write out the first five epistles of Paul. The first five epistles of Paul are
5. There are two major categories of the Epistles of Paul which are (1) letters to the church and (2) letters to the specific people who are Christians
True or false
6. The book of Romans was written by Paul to address some specific problems in the church in Rome. (true/false)
7. Paul mentions the “coming of the Lord” in every chapter of 1 Thessalonians (true /false)
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- Write out the major communities visited by Paul and his companions.
- Say the need for Paul to write letters (epistles) to each of these communities.
- List three letters of _Paul
- ________________ and ______________are written after The Book of Timothy
- The firs three Epistles of Paul are. _______________________; ___________and _________________
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about The epistles of Paul
(Visited 62 times, 1 visits today)