Subject : CIVIC EDUCATION
Class :Basic 6
Meaning of Ethnicity
Term : First Term
Week : Week 9
: The pupils have the previous knowledge of Patriotism
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson , pupils should be able to
- define ethnicity
- explain ways of showing ethnicity
- list the challenges of group loyalty and proffer solution to the problems of ethnicity
Instructional materials :
- Sample or picture of people showing various types of ethnic loyalty
Reference Materials :
- Textbooks on Civic Education book 6
- Workbook on Civic Education
- Lagos State Scheme of Work on civic Education
- Online links , materials and webpages that are related to this topic
What is the meaning of ethnicity ?
Ethnicity simply refers to individuals loyalty to specific tribe or ethnic group .
Problems of Ethnicity
- It promotes unnecessary tribal friction .
- It may lead to political instability.
- It may lead to avoidable election .
- Every ethnic group may want to rule
Solution To The Problem of Ethnicity
- Patriotism must be encourage
- Nationalism must be encourage
- Every Nigeria must be detribalized
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 2 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3 : The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own contributions and he or she corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher gives out a short note and he goes round to mark .
He or she does the necessary corrections
1. What is ethnic loyalty
2. Mention three problems of ethnic loyalty
3. Mention three solutions of ethnic loyalty