The Sense Organ of Sight .
The Eye is the light of the body .
Basic science and Technology
Primary 2 First Term
Subject : Basic science and Technology Primary 2
Term : First Term
Class : Primary 2
Week: Week 2
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of The Sense Organs
The Sense Organ of Sight
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- mention the function of our eyes
- draw eye
- Identify the senses in human
- understand that the organ of sight in our body is our eyes
- Match the sense organs in human together with their functions
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
I have two eyes .
I see with my eyes .
When i close my two eyes , I will see nobody .
I must play with sharp objects or put sharp objects in my eyes
I must not look directly into bright light because it may damage my sight .
The sense organ for sight is my Eye
I must not sit down too close to the TV set in other to protect my eyes
The doctor of the eye is called an ophthalmologist
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
1. There are ____ sense organs in human beings
2. ____is the sense organ of sight
3. ____ is the sense of of taste
4. ____ is the sense organ of feeling
5. ____ is the sense organ of hearing
6. I see with my ____
7. I taste food with my ____
8. I can feel cold or warmth with my ____
9. I can hear sounds and music with my ____
10. I know that something is smelling because I can smell with my ____
- Draw an Eye .
- Who is an ophthalmologist ?
- Cut out the pictures of the eyes and paste it in your note books
- Is it good to play with sharp objects ? Why ?
- Mention the five sense organs
Prepare for the next lesson by reading about Identification of objects by shapes or sizes