Likely Covid-19 Related Current Affairs
PART 1: 2020 Coronavirus Current Affairs Questions and Answers
1. What is the full meaning of the acronym NCDC?
A. National Center for Disease Control
B. Nigeria Centre and Departmental Control
C. Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
D. None of the above
2. Coronavirus is officially codenamed as
B. COVID-19 MERS
3. The first confirmed case of coronavirus in Nigeria was announced on
A. February 25, 2020
B. February 26, 2020
C. February 27, 2020
D. February 28, 2020
4. The first index case of coronavirus in Nigeria is from
C. South Korea
5. The first index case of COVID-19 in Nigeria was isolated and treated at?
A. Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba
B. Ogun COVID-19 Isolation Centre
C. FCT Covid-19 Isolation Centre
D. National Hospital Abuja
6. In Nigeria, the body solely responsible for infection prevention and control is known as
A. Federal Ministry of Health
7. What is the full meaning of the acronym IDH
A. Infectious Disease Hospital
B. Internally Displaced Hospital
C. International Drug Hospital
D. Internally Displaced Homes
8. What is the name of the Director-General of the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC)?
A. Dr Osagie Ehanire
B. Dr John Oladejo
C. Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu
D. Dr. Yakubu Abdullahi
9. The first known and confirmed case of coronavirus in Africa was reported in
10. The second country in sub-Saharan Africa to confirm coronavirus case is
11. Who was the first person to recover from Coronavirus in Nigeria?
A. German Citizen
B. Italian Citizen
C. Nigerian Citizen
D. UK Citizen
12. The World Health Organization, WHO renamed coronavirus (2019-nCOV) to COVID-19 on
A. February 11, 2020
B. January 31, 2020
C. December 31, 2019
D. February 10, 2020
13. What is the name of Director-General of WHO and when was he appointed?
A. Dr Lee Jong-wook, appointed on 4 March 2017
B. Dr Tedros Adhanom, appointed on 1 July 2017
C. Dr Matshidiso Rebecca Moeti, appointed on 3 August 2017
D. Dr Albert Adhanom, appointed on 2 July 2017
14. What is the correct website of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)?
15. The coronavirus outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by WHO on
A. 31 January 2020
B. 30 January 2020
C. 11 February 2020
D. 28 February 2020
16. The first footballer and first Nigerian to test positive to coronavirus is known as
A. King Paul Akpan Udoh
B. Martins Olomu
C. Ikenna Onyebueze
D. Mohammed Sani
17. How many states in Nigeria as at March 4, 2020 have recorded suspected cases of COVID-19?
18. What is the full meaning the acronym EOC?
A. Emergency Operations Control
B. Emergency Operations Centre
C. Emergency Output Centre
D. Emergency Operations Commission
19. What is the estimated incubation period for COVID-19?
A. 1-7 days
B. 1-10 days
C. 1-14 days
D. 24 hours
20. What is the official website address of the World Health Organization (WHO)?
21. Which of the following is the correct website address of the Federal Ministry of Health?
22. The first index case of coronavirus in Nigeria was discharged on?
A. March 18, 2020
B. March 19, 2020
C. March 21, 2020
D. March 20, 2020
23. The first foreigner to die from the new coronavirus is?
A. 69-year-old Italian Citizen
B. 58-year-old UK Citizen
C. 60-year-old US Citizen
D. 70-year-old German Citizen
1. C – Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
2. C – COVID-19
3. C – 27 February 2020 (The Minister of Health Dr Osagie Ehanire made the announcement in a press release on February 28, 2020)
4. B – Italy ( The Italian man flew into Lagos, Nigeria on 24th February 2020 aboard Turkish Airlines)
5. A – Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba
6. D – NCDC – Nigeria Center for Disease Control
7. A – Infectious Disease Hospital located at Yaba, Lagos State.
8. C – Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu
9. C – Egypt on February 14, 2020
10. A – Senegal
11. B – Italian Citizen
12. A – February 11, 2020
13. B – Dr Tedros Adhanom, appointed on 1 July 2017
14. C – www.ncdc.gov.ng
15. B – 30 January 2020
16. A – King Paul Akpan Udoh
17. B – The four states according to NCDC are : Ogun, Lagos, FCT and Kano
18. B – Emergency Operations Centre
19. C – 1-14 days
12. D – www. who.int
21. C – www.health.gov.ng
22. D. March 20, 2020
23. C. 60-year-old US Citizen. She died at a hospital in the Chinese city of Wuhan – the epicentre of the outbreak on February 6, 2020.
PART 2: 2020 General Knowledge Current Affairs Questions and Answers
1. What date did the Federal Government approved new uniform for the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) to reflect its new name?
Answer: February 13, 2020
2. The bill for the establishment of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano as a degree awarding institution passed second reading on _________ in the Senate
Answer: Wednesday, 19 February 2020
3. The Bill was submitted to the National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari alongside the
Answer: 2020 Appropriation Bill
4. The implementation of Nigeria’s new 7.5 VAT commenced on
Answer: February 1, 2020
5. Companies Income Tax (CIT) for Companies with revenues between N25 and N100m are described by the Finance Act 2019 as
Answer: Medium-sized companies
6. According to the new Finance Act, businesses from paying VAT are those with turnover below
7. Companies Income Tax (CIT) for Companies with revenues between N25 and N100m has been reduced from
Ans: 30% to 20%
8. With the new Act, the N50 Stamp duty charge is now applicable only to transactions amounting to
Answer: N10,000 and above
9. The new Act includes a provision that grants to all companies “engaged in agricultural production” in Nigeria
Answer: An initial tax-free period of 5 years renewable for an additional 3 years
10. The acceptable form of correspondence for persons disputing assessments by Tax Authorities in the New Act now includes
Answer: Electronic mail
11. The outbreak of coronavirus was first reported on December, 2019 in
Answer: The city of Wuhan, China
12. Coronavirus is officially code named by the WHO as
13. The first African to be recently elected into the prestigious Council of the World Journalism Education Congress, WJEC, for a period of three years is
Answer: Prof Ralph Akinfeleye
14. The Finance Bill 2019, was signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari on ______
Answer: January 13, 2020
15. On February 11, 2020 Nigeria and of the African countries signed a pact on visa waiver for diplomatic and official passport holders. What country was that?
16. What was the theme of the Greeners Business-to-Business Annual National Economic Dialogue 2020 held in Abuja on February 15, 2020?
Answer: “Positioning Nigeria’s Creative Industry as Growth Engine of Africa Continental Trade Agreement (AFCTA)”
17. Deposits into savings accounts that is up to N10,000 are not exempted from the payment of N50 stamp duty under the Finance Act of 2020. True or False?
18. Name the very first African business organization to be inducted into the influential Global Executive Council (GEC) of the Project Management Institute, PMI.
Answer: Dangote Group
19. What is the full meaning of the acronym NCDMB?
Answer: Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
20. The first African country to report a confirmed case of coronavirus COVID-19 is
21. The FG recently approved the establishment of Federal Colleges of Education in 6 States of the federation. Mention these 6 states
Answer: Bauchi, Benue, Ebonyi, Pain, Sokoto and Edo States.
22. S.H.i.F.T is an acronym for
Answer: Simple, High-Impact, interactive, Focused, Transformational.
23. The Constitution Review Committee to tackle issues with the 1999 Constitution was set up by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan on
Answer: February 6, 2020
24. Debt Management Office (DMO) on February 24, 2020 announced ________ as thew new Stockbrokers to the Federal Government
Answer: CSL Stockbrokers Limited, a subsidiary of FCMB Group Plc
25. What is the FCTA approved time for checking of vehicle papers in the city of Abuja?
Answer: 5am to 10am
26. Who is the Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)?
Answer: Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu
27. Who is the eighth President of the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) and the first Nigerian in the post?
Answer: Akinwumi Adesina
28. The African Union Executive Council comprises ______________ of foreign affairs representing the member states of the African Union
Answer: 55 ministers
29. President Buhari swore-in the National Assembly Service Commission Members on
Answer: Wednesday 26 February 2020
30. The power to probe Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies was conferred to the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) on
Feb 27, 2020
31. President Muhammadu Buhari approved the composition of an 11-member Monitoring Committee for the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) on
Wednesday 26 February 2020
32. What is the full meaning of the acronym NCDC?
Answer: Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
33. The first confirmed case of coronavirus in Nigeria was announced on
Answer: February 27, 2020
34. Who is the current chief of justices of Nigeria?
Answer: Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad
35. Who is the new Director-General of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)?
Answer: Bashir Jamoh
36. What is the name of the new Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (HOCSF)?
Answer: Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan
37. President Muhammadu Buhari swore in Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan as the substantive Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (HOCSF) on
Answer: Wednesday March 4, 2020
38. Who is the Executive Secretary of National Universities Commission (NUC)?
Answer: Professor Abubakar Rasheed
39. In Nigeria, the body solely responsible for infection prevention and control is known as
Answer: Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
40. What is the name of Director-General of WHO and when was he appointed?
Answer: Dr Tedros Adhanom, appointed on 1 July 2017
41. The coronavirus outbreak was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by WHO on
Answer: 30 January 2020
42. Who is the current Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning?
Answer: Zainab Shamsuna Ahmed (born 16 June 1960)
43. Who is the Accountant General of the Federation?
Answer: Ahmed Idris
44. Who is the current Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria?
Answer: Godwin Emefiele
45. The new Executive Chairman of the FIRS is
Answer: Mr. Muhammad Nami appointed December 9, 2019
46. Who is Nigeria’s Minister of Education?
Answer: Adamu Adamu from Bauchi State
47. What is the name of the Auditor General of the Federation?
Answer: Mr. Anthony Ayine, appointed on Jan 12, 2017.
48. Who is the current National Security Adviser of Nigeria?
Answer: Major General Mohammed Babagana Monguno (rtd) appointed on July 13, 2015
49. What is the name of the current President of the United Nations General Assembly for the 74th session of the UN General Assembly?
Answer: Tijjani Muhammad-Bande
50. What does the acronym ECOMOG means?
Answer: Economic Community Monitoring Group
51. Charcoal anthrax disease was first reported in?
Answer: Niger Republic on September 23
52. Who is the present Chairperson of the African Union (AU)?
Answer: Moussa Faki Mahamat
53. A bill that applies to the whole population and is intended to promote the general welfare is called
Answer: An Appropriation bill
54. The first index case of coronavirus in Nigeria is from
55. Who is the present Minister of Health?
Answer: Dr Osagie Ehanire
56. The first known and confirmed case of coronavirus in Africa was reported in
57. The first footballer and first Nigerian to test positive to coronavirus is known as
Answer: King Paul Akpan Udoh
58. Who is the new Director-General of National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)?
Answer: Dr Gambo Gumel Aliyu
59. Who is the substantive Director-General and Chief Executive Officer of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology (NITT?
Answer: Dr Bayero Salih-Farah
60. What is the name of the Nigerian female appointed by the President of South Africa, as member of the country’s Economic Advisory Council?
Answer: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala appointed on March 7, 2020
61. What was the total number of registered voters of the 2019 General Elections in Nigeria?
62. How many people contested for the 2019 Presidential Election?
63. Who was the oldest candidate of the 2019 Presidential Election?
Answer: President Muhammadu Buhari
64. Who was the oldest running mate at age 76 in the 2019 Presidential Election?
Answer: Nwankwo Agwuncha of People’s Trust (PT)
65. What is the motto of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)?
Answer: Making your votes count, consolidating our democracy
66. What is the full meaning of the acronym PHEIC?
Answer: Public Health Emergency of International Concern
67. Who is the world’s oldest living man?
Answer: Chitetsu Watanabe, a 112-year-old resident of central Japan. Guinness World Records on February 12, 2020 certified Watanabe the oldest living male after the previous holder, Masazo Nonaka, of the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido, died on January 20, 2019, at the age of 113.
68. The new act of the Nigeria Prisons Service (NIS) now Correctional Service was signed into law on
Answer: July 31, 2019.