Class: Basic 4
Subject: Home Economics
Topic: Using Simple Sewing Tools the Equipment.
The following are important when using simple Sewing tools and equipment:
(1) The use of simple Sewing tools and equipment render Sewing pleasurable and easy. Using the sewing machine at the right height prevents fatigue.
(2) Storage of tools and equipment in a designated place allows them to be within reach when you need them. A sewing box or basket stores all the tools needed for Sewing.
(3) Sewing tools and equipment require care so that we can prolong their usage. The sewing machine requires oiling to lubricate the parts that do the work of Sewing. Running a Sewing machine while it is not in use, powers it for efficient use.
(4) Needles and pins are Sharp objects, and we need to handle them properly to avoid any accident which they can cause.
(5) The pressing of collars, seams , hems or any clothing object made, are done on a pressing board with a pressing Iron. For coal iron, pour out the coal which is on fire and quench it with water to prevent a fire hazard. If electric iron is used, set and regulate to the required temperature and handle the iron with care.
(1) Name three tools for Sewing machine.
(2) Sewing tools and equipment require care. Yes , No , all of the above
(3) What is used to lubricate parts of Sewing machine that do work of Sewing?
(4) The use of simple Sewing machine makes Sewing____________
(5) Storage of tools and equipment in a designated place allows them to _______________
(Visited 422 times, 1 visits today)