CLASS: BASIC 3
SUBJECT: Basic Science and Technology
TOPIC: Uses of Input Devices
The keyboard has letter keys, number keys and symbol keys. It also has other keys to move around the screen and perform other things. The keys are used to type numbers, letters and words into the computer.
A mouse is a small object that has two buttons and wire that looks like a tail. It also has a wheel between the buttons.
1. A mouse is used to point to items on the screen using the button.
2. A mouse is used to select items on the screen using the button.
3. A mouse is used to drag items on the screen using the button.
4. A mouse is used to move the page up or down by using the button or wheel.
5. A mouse is used to shut down the computer.
The joystick is used to play computer games. It is an input device used to select and control items and images of computer games.
1. Describe the keyboard as taught.
2. State two uses of the keyboard.
3. Describe a mouse as taught.
4. List two uses of a mouse.
5. State one use of the joystick.
6. Joystick is an _________ device.