Types of farm records and reasons for keeping farm records
Primary 6 / Basic 6
Instructional Materials :
Types of books that are kept in the farm for record keeping
Previous Knowledge :
Pupils have been taught various types of chicken diseases and illness
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Mention various types of books that are kept in the farm for record purpose
- Mention various importance of farm records
What are farm records?
Farm Records are books or paper documents that are kept by farmers and farm workers for the purpose of keeping daily or regular records of events or activities on the farm
What are the examples of farm records?
Examples of farm records are
- Daily farm record
- Farm implement record
- Farm input record
- Livestock product record
- Livestock produce record
- Animal ration or food record
- Farm sales record
- Farm purchases record
- Farm expenditure record
- Workers record
- Vehicle record
REASONS WHY FARMER KEEP FARM RECORDS
- Farm records help a farmer to keep stock and manage each aspect of the farm properly.
- They are important for planning and budgeting. They provides a farmer with enough information needed for proper planning and budgeting at every point in time.
- They help farmers know the progress and contributions of each aspect of the farm to its overall success.
- They are important for proper farm management.
- They can be very helpful when a farmer needs to access financial aids from banks or other financial institutions.
Mention five types of Farm records that you know
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1: The class teacher revises the previous topics
Step 2. He introduces the new topic
Step 3: The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
Mention four importance of farm records
The class teacher gives a brief overview of Topic and he goes round the mark
Read more about types of farm records