SUBJECT: HOME ECONOMICS CLASS: J.S.S.1 DURATION: 11/2 HOURS
- Deodorants is used everyday because it _________ (a) reduces the odour of our dresses (b) it has strong odour (c) remove odour caused by perspiration (d) it makes us feel good and neat.
- All these are types of families except ________(a) polygamous (b) nuclear (c) extended (d) related
- Substances in form of liquid, solid or powder used in removing dust and dirt from articles and surface are called (a) solvents (b) bleaches (c) wax (d) cleaning agent
- __________ family includes aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins and other relations (a) extended (b) nuclear (c) compound (d) expanded
- One of these is not food groups (a) body building foods (b) energy giving foods (c) meal planning foods (d) protective foods
- Which of the following does not describe a home? (a) a house in which family lives (b) a shelter in which people can live (c) where people lives and share their interest (d) where people live and work together
- Family members are related to each other through all except ________ (a) birth, marriage and adoption (b) marriage, birth and adoption (c) marriage, adoption and birth (d) death, marriage and adoption
- Which of the following is also important for body balance (a) ear (b) leg (c) nose (d) eyes
- When the sun shines on the skin, vitamin _____ is produced by the body (a) A (b) B (c) C (d) D
- Physical force used to harm someone is ________ (a) violence (b) behaviour (c) injury (d) hurt
- One of the results of domestic violence is ________ (a) happiness (b) serious injury (c) employment (d) education
- Those important things which the family requires for survival are called (a) resources (b) needs
(c) goals (d) articles.
- Those things which the family desire that are not for survival are (a) wants (b) needs
(c) goals (d) resources.
- Before the application of make-up, the face must first be (a) covered (b) cleansed (c) painted
- _________ is not a method of waste disposal (a) burying (b) burning (c) feeding animals
(d) pouring them in the gutter when its raining.
- Long handed soft brooms and brushes are used for removing _______ from walls and
ceilings (a) dirt (b) objects (c) cobwebs (d) dust
- Children can learn violence through __________ (a) home video and internet (b) home video and class (c) church and internet (d) class and church
- Which of the following shows how family members relate to each other (a) family picture
(b) family tree (c) family form (d) family design
- Your brothers and sisters are your (a) siblings (b) relations (c) aunties (d) nieces
- All these are cleaning agents except _______ (a) solvents (b) polishes (c) paints (d) detergents
- Violence is ______________________ force used to harm someone or something
- The way body parts are carried or held up when a person walks, sits or works is called ______
- An example of local cosmetics is ______________________
- The sensory nerve which goes from the brain to the eye is called __________________ nerve
- The sensory nerve which goes from the brain to the nose is called _________________ nerve
- The sensory nerve which goes from the brain to the ear is called ___________________ nerve
- A house in which family lives is a _______________________
- The full meaning of NAFDAC is ___________________________
- A nuclear family can also be called_____________________________
- The full meaning of SON is ______________________________
INSTRUCTIONS: Answer three (3) questions in this section
- Mention four reasons for care of family house
(b) List eight equipment for care of family house
(c) Differentiate between a home and a house
- List and explain four methods of disposing household waste.
(b) Differentiate between cosmetics and deodorants
- Explain the meaning of family needs and family wants giving three examples each
(b) State three types of modern and indigenous c osmetics
(c) Define food. State the three food groups.
- Explain the meaning of a family
(b) Mention the three major types of family and explain them
(c) Mention two places children and teens learn violence from
- Mention five types of home-made cleaning agent
(b) Outline five characteristics of a home
(c) State three ways of caring for the eyes and two ways of caring for the nose.
DOWNLOAD THIRD TERM EXAMINATION FOR JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL JSS 1 HOME ECONOMICS