First day of the week
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Card boards
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught
ONE TO ONE CORRESPONDENCE
in their previous lesson
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Mention the days of the week.
- Say the first day of the week.
- Mention the last day of the week.
- Say the number of days in a week.
- (As a song) there are seven days There are seven days
There are seven days in a week
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
: FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK
The kids should learn the first day of the week and also learn how to spell it. It’s a fun exercise for the kids
- PROMPTING: What is the First day of the week?
- RESPONSE: The first day of the week is
- u. n. d. a. y =============Sunday
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The children should know how to count the days of the week starting from the first day, which is Sunday, to the last day of the week which is Saturday.
These kids will learn the first and last days of the week. So, it’s important you start with Sunday, which is the first day of the week and end with Saturday, which is the last day of the week
- How many days make one week
- What is the first day of the week
- What is the last day of the week
- Which day of the week do Christians go to church to worship
- Which day of the week do moslem go to mosque to worship
The class teacher goes round to mark