SSS 3 (BASIC 12)
FIRST TERM e – LEARNING NOTES
SCHEME OF WORK
THEME: BUILDING AND ENGINEERING DRAWING
1. Revision of last term’s work.
2. Freehand Drawing and Sketching:
(a) Principles of freehand sketching.
(b) Freehand sketching of hand tools used by builders and engineers e.g. hammers, pliers, saws, trowels, calipers, etc.
3. Engineering Designs and Working Drawings:
(a) Engineering design process.
(b) Preparation of working drawings.
4. Screw Threads, Fasteners and Devices:
(a) Types of screw threads (V shape, square, etc.).
(b) Types of fasteners, e.g. bolts, nuts and studs.
5. Screw Threads, Fasteners and Devices:
(c) Types of locking devices e.g. lock nut, washer, slotted nut, keys, splines, etc.
6. Engineering Working Drawings:
(a) Examples of machines parts e.g. brackets, blocks, sleeves, cylinders etc.
(b) Machine assemblies e.g. parallel clamps, water taps, bench vice, bicycle pump,
(c) Types of sections e.g. revolving, off-centre half section, etc.
(d) Sectional views of buildings.etc.
7. MID- TERM BREAK
8. Computer Aided Drawing: Building and engineering designs using Corel draw and Harvard graphics, etc.
9. Blue Print Reading: (a) Reading and interpretation of building drawing. (b) Reading and interpretation of engineering drawings e.g. production details and machine components.
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)