FIRST TERM e – LEARNING NOTES
Subject :Technical Drawing
Topic : Computer Aided Drawing: Building and engineering designs using Corel draw and Harvard graphics, etc.
Class :SSS 3 (BASIC 12)
Term : FIRST TERM e – LEARNING NOTES
Week :WEEK 8
TOPIC:COMPUTER GRAPHIC AND BLUE PRINT
CONTENT: i. what is computer graphic.
ii. Application of computer graphic.
Computer graphics involves completely everything on computers that is not text or sound. Computer graphic is regarded as drawing pictures on computer, also called rendering. The pictures can be photographs, drawing, moves or simulation.
In effecting an AUTOCAD command, there are 4ways.
1. By typing a command at the command prompt and pressing the ENTER key
2. By using TOOLBARS (move the cursor to the desired tool or command on the tool bar with the mouse and left-click it).
3. By using the MENU (move the cursor to the desired menu with the mouse, left-click it and select a command).
4. By right-clicking the mouse when the cursor is in Drawing Editor screen and selecting the command from the fly out. Only few commands are available here.
APPLICATION OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS
1. COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN (CAD)
The use of computer graphics is solely design processes, actually for engineering and architectural systems. Object are first displayed in a wireframe outline from that shows the overall shape and internal features of objects. Software packages for CAD application provide the design with a multi-window environment. Standard shapes for electrical, logic circuit and electronics are commonly supplied by the design package.
ii Presentation iii computer art iv Entertainment v Education and training vi Image processing .
Corel draw graphics- suite is an impressive collection of power design software that can tackle any kinds of design jobs. Included in the package are: Corel Draw, the main application for vector design and layout; Corel PHOTO-PAINT, for editing and retouching photos, Corel Capture.
The computer graphic can be divided into three.
1. Alphabet and figures- Triangles, Polygon, Geometrical solids, enlarge and reduce plain figure.
2. Isometric, Oblique, and perspective views of simple shape block.
3. Field trip.
1. Draw the floor plan of a building using Corel draw.
2. Draw the elevation of a building using Corel draw.
Using computer aided drawing (CAD) drawing a building plan.
Use the computer aided drawing (CAD) draw this building plan.
1. Technical drawing manual by E.K Ajayi.
2. Teach yourself AUTOCAD by OcheAmuta.
3. Elements of Technical Drawing for Senior Schools and Colleges by Osuji,U.S.APh.d and Akano,E.O. M.sc
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)