FIRST TERM: E-LEARNING NOTES
SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
JSS 2 (BASIC 8)
SCHEME OF WORK
- Revision of last year work briefly/soil, Definition of soil, Composition of soil, Type of soil,
- Properties of soil(physical and chemical properties)
- (i)Soil fertility and management,(ii) soil conservation
- Factors responsible for lost of soil nutrients, Effects of conservation practices on environmental pollution.
- Farm structures and buildings. Definitions, types of farm structures, types of farm buildings, Farm structures and buildings. Uses of farm structures and building,
- Maintenance of farm structures and buildings, factors guiding (i) siting a farm and ii)layout of farm structure and buildings (iii) Importance of siting farm structures and buildings.
- Farm machines : (i) Definition, types and uses of farm machines.(ii) Tractor :Definition
- Types of tractor, tractor coupled implements, methods of maintaining farm machines.
- Crop propagation: Meaning of crop propagation, Methods of crop propagation,(detail methods), Advantages and Disadvantages of crop propagation (both Sexual and Asexual crop propagation)
- Cultural Practices.
- Revision and Examination
AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE JSS1 THIRD TERM