CLASS: Basic 3
SUBJECT: Agricultural Science
TOPIC: Uses of Tuber Crops
Tuber crops are useful in many ways. Some of their uses are as follow:
- Tuber crops are sold by farmers to make money.
- Tuber crops are used as food to supply mainly carbohydrates to man and animals.
- Tubers crops are used as livestock feed. The fresh tubers as well as discarded peelings, can be fed directly to pigs, goats and sheep.
- They can be made into flour for making bread, cake and biscuit.
- Tuber crops also provide raw materials to many of our industries, for example the starch industry.
- They are used for production of spirit.
- Mention two animals that can feed on tuber crops.
- State one industry that make use of tuber crops.
- List three processed foods that be produced from tuber crops.
- State two uses of tuber crops.