SYSTEM UNIT (CPU II)
DATE: FRIDAY, 1ST MAY, 2020.
CLASS: PRIMARY 3 SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDY
TOPIC: SYSTEM UNIT (CPU II)
The Central Processing Unit is attached to the motherboard in the system unit. The CPU is also known as the brain of the computer.
The CPU is divided into three parts, which are:
(a) Arithmetic & Logic Unit (ALU):
The ALU carries out arithmetic operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers in the computer.
(b) Control Unit (CU)
The CU controls the flow of information in the computer system.
The memory of the computer system is divided into two, which are the
(1) ROM: Read Only Memory
(2) RAM: Random Access Memory
- The CPU has _____ types of memory? (a) 4 (b) 6 (c) 2
- _________ controls the flow of information through the control unit (a) CPU (b) ALU (c) CU
- __________ carries out operations like additions, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers (a) Control Unit (b) Arithmetic and Logic Unit (c) Fax machine
- The two primary main memories are ______________
(a) drum & dram (b) ROM & RAM (c) tom & cow
- List the three main parts of a CPU