SECOND TERM: E-LEARNING NOTES
JS3 (BASIC 9)
SUBJECT: AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
SCHEME OF WORK
- Revision of first term work.
- Cooperatives Societies in Agriculture: (a) Definition of an Agricultural cooperative society (b) Objectives of Agricultural cooperative Society (c) Types of Agricultural Cooperatives (d) Importance of Cooperative Societies
- Management of Cooperative Societies in Agriculture: (a) How Cooperatives societies are formed (b) Management of Cooperative societies (c) Qualities of a good cooperative member.
- Export Promotion in Agriculture: (a) Meaning of export promotion (b) Examples of Nigerian export produce (c) Importance of export promotion
5.Employment Opportunities in Agriculture : Self-employment in farming, Buying and selling farm produce, processing of farm produce, Paid employment in Government ministries or establishments, in Agro-based industries, in Banks and in Educational industries, etc.
- Early Development of World Agriculture: Introduction, The Paleolithic Era, the Mesolithic Era, the Neolithic Era, the Agrarian (agric) revolution
- School Farm: Meaning and importance of school farm, (school, students, community) principles of sitting school farm, problems of sitting school farm.
- Farm Record: Importance of farm records, Types of farm records. e.g Farm Diary, Farm Inventory, Farm Account, etc.
- Current Issues in African Agriculture: Food crisis in Africa; Hunger and poverty in Africa; Meeting the challenges of African food crisis, hunger and poverty; New Programmes in African Agriculture.
- Agriculture and Health: Effects of HIV/AIDS and Malaria on Agricultural production.