The Connectives are conjunctions that are used in sentences.
Examples of these conjunctions are
And also again further more then next therefore thereafter etc
He was old ______ weak ______ there was no one to look after him.
2. My mother ______ ______ gave me a birthday present, ______ ______ some money ______ ______ I could buy myself a new dress.
3. His father beat him, ______ he ______ cried ______ uttered a sound ______ he was used to frequent beatings.
4. ______ we found that we might be late, we took a taxi ______ ______ we might reach the cinema on time.
5. That old man had expected free treatment ______ he was poor ______ , he was shocked when he was given a bill for thirty dollars.
He was ______ upset ______ he really cried.6. You’d better work hard ______ you’ll fail, ______ do not study ______ hard ______ your health suffers.
You should work ______ play according to a planned routine.
7. Mona, ______ ______ ______ her sister, is in the choir,
They can sing ______ ______ in English ______ French ______ ______ in Chinese ______ Japanese.
8. You can ______ ride the motorcycle ______ drive the car. ______ you’d better take the motorcycle ______ part of the road is blocked.
9. He wanted to do odd jobs ______ ______ ______ he might save some money ______ no one was willing to employ him ______ they thought that he was dishonest.
10. ______ you were too lazy to bring your own umbrella, I have a mind to let you walk home in the rain. ______, this time you may share my umbrella ______ don’t let there be a next time.
11. ______ the escaped convict ______ his accomplice darted into a house to escape the police, the effort was wasted. The police ______ their dogs surrounded the house; ______ , the men refused to come out.
12. The boy scouts did odd jobs ______ they may raise funds for Charity Week. The public was responsive ______ helped them a lot; ______ ______ ______ the scouts raised a lot of money
.13. ______ my cousin ______ his friend cannot come early ______ they are busy doing their work, ______ they promise to come as soon as they can.
14. Our feast included food an drinks. There was a large quantity of each, ______ we managed to finish them.
15. The teacher had punished them ______ ______ ______ they might learn to do their work properly. ______ , they still produced the same careless work.
16. The girls practised hard, ______ they did not win the match; ______ we cheered them ______ they showed a fine spirit of sportsmanship.
17. She did her work carelessly, ______ ______ ______ she had to stay behind ______ rewrite it.
18. My mother ______ my father visited my uncle ______ aunt in Wanderland. My parents traveled by air ______ they wanted to arrive early ______ instead they were a few hours late.
19. The prefect told that boy ______ his rowdy friends to ______ follow the rules ______ be sent to detention class
.20. The girl is young ______ pretty ______ she is blind; ______ she earns her own living by weaving baskets ______ sewing dresses. ______ her baskets ______ her dresses are sold in the shops.
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)