CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
Political Freedom for the Israelites
that was taught in the previous lesson
Deborah and Barak
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Explain Deborah As a Worthy Leader
- Say the reasons why Deborah agreed to followed Barak to the battle field
- Explain the reasons to always listen to God;s voice
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Deborah As a Worthy Leader
TOPIC: DEBORAH AS A WORTH Y LEADER JUDGES 4:1-2, 5:1-20
Deborah was a judge and a prophetess, she was the wife of Lappidoth, she used to sit under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim. She led the army to the battle. Through her the Israelites won the Midinites. She was very bold and courageous, she loved and feasted on Gods word. She led Israel to sing a song of victory to the Lord.
Deborah followed Barak to the war and they conquered Sisera and his army. Thereafter, Barak began to be the leader of Israel and he also proved himself a good and courageous leader. Jabin king of Canaan the captain of whose host was Sisera, and they won a decisive battle at river Kishon. Sisera fled and took refuge in tent of Libera, a kanite, Jael, the wife of Heber, offered Sisera a drink of milk and while he slept, she took a tent peg and drove it into his temple(belly) fastening him to the ground. Sisera died in Hebers tent, not slain in battle but struck down by a woman, as Deborah had prophesied. And the children of Israel had rest for forty years.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- State two challenges of the Israelites in Canaan.
- What was the role of Jael in the victory over the Canaanites?
- Discuss the death of Sisera.
- Barak was a coward, yes or no? Discuss.
1. ____ was the woman judge and prophetess (a) Ruth (b) Esther (c) Deborah
2. ____was the wife of Lappidoth (a) Miriam (b) Esther (c) Deborah (d) Mary
3. ____ was slain in Herbrs tent (a) Sisera (b) Joshua (c) Jabin (d) Barak
4. ____ was the woman who killed Sisera in her husbands house (a) Jael (b) Esther
(c) Ruth (d) Naomi
5. ____was the captain of whose host was Sisera (a) Barak (b) Jabin (c) Deborah
1. Summarize the song of Deborah and Barak.
2. Briefly describe the role or activities of Deborah in this passage.
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)