CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
Eminent Nigerians Obtained Freedom for Their People
that was taught in the previous lesson
Other Eminent Nigerians: Human Right Society
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Explain what is Leadership?
- Explain good neigbhourliness or how to live [peacefully in christian community
- Explain the meaning of Human Right Societies
- Give examples of Human Right Activists In Nigeria
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
TOPIC: OTHER EMINENT NIGERIANS: HUMAN RIGHT SOCIETY
- What is Leadership?
- Christian community
- Human Right Societies
Acceptance of special responsibilities in Christian communities
According to Long-man Active Study Dictionary, responsibility means to take, accept, responsibility for something. It can also mean to be held duty bound to do or accept to do something.
WHAT IS LEADERSHIP
According to the Longman Active study dictionary, leadership means when someone is the leader of a team, organization and so on. It could also mean the quality of being good at leading a teams organization, country and so on.
The Christian Community has so many aspects that require our services. Special people are always called upon to perform special assignment. Moses, Aaron, Joshua, Deborah and Gideon were special people and God used them wonderfully in special ways. God also used some political leaders; they are used by God to achieve special assignment that will glorify Him. The kings, Priest, Prophets and Judges are some of the leaders also used by God in our community.
HUMAN RIGHT SOCIETIES
We have dealt with eminent Nigerians who obtained freedom for their people in various capacities. We need to discuss the platform on which various leaders defended their people. It is important to note that fighting to regain freedom is primarily fighting to restore human right.
The declaration of human rights made by the United Nations Organization is what most nations adopted as their fundamental human rights. Nigeria also adopted this declaration as its basis for fundamental human rights. The declaration which contains 30 articles was adopted on the 10th December 1948 in Palais de Chaillot, Paris. Some of the articles are:
- All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
- Regardless of race, colour, sex, language, religion, nation, or origin of birthor any other status. Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedom.
- Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
- No one shall be held in slavery or servitude, while slavery and slave trade shall be prohibited.
- No one shall be subjected to torture or cruel, inhuman or degradating treatment or punishment.
- Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.
- All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law.
- Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by law.
- No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
- Everyone is entitled to full equality of fair and public hearing, e.t.c.
All human right societies ensure that these rights are protected and that no one is exposed to its abuse.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
1. Who is a leader?
2. Why is humanity needed in serving our community?
- What is fundamental human right?
- How did the world come about fundamental human right?
- State five fundamental human rights.
- What are the roles of Christians in the community?
- When you know your responsibility, you should ____ (a) accept it (b) denied it
(c) reject it
- Moses accepted the responsibility to ____ the Israelites (a) liberate (b) punish (c) please
- Joshua was the one that took over from_ (a) Moses (b) Samson (c) Elishah
- The work of God requires the following except ____ (a) faithfulness (b) humility (c) indolence
- Christian Community requires ____ (a) Gods direction (b) selfishness (c) Gods fatherism.
1. What special duty did Moses accept from God and how well did he perform it
2. What are the moral lessons from accepting responsibility to serve others?
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)