CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
Deborah and Barak
that was taught in the previous lesson
Eminent Nigerians Obtained Freedom for Their People
Behavioural objectives :
At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Mention Some Eminent Nigerians That Obtained Freedom For Their People
- Say The Qualities Of Good The Future Leader
- List or Write out The Characteristics Of A Good Leader
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
TOPIC: EMINENT NIGERIA OBTAINS FREEDOM FOR THEIR PEOPLE
- Eminent Nigerians Obtained Freedom For Their People
- The Future Leader
- Qualities Of A Good Leader
EMINENT NIGERIANS OBTAINED FREEDOM FOR THEIR PEOPLE
Our great leaders achieved political freedom for us in Nigeria. The success of Moses in gaining freedom for Israelites through determination, perseverance and help from God, has inspired great men of all ages to struggle and achieved freedom for their people. Just like the case of Nigeria in the era of great nationalists such as:
1. Herbert Macaulay
- Nnmadi Azikwe
- Obafemi Awolowo
- Anthony Enahoro
- Tafawa Balewa
- Amadu Bello
- Aminu Kano
- Ernest Ikoli
- Funmilayo Ransom Kuti
- Margaret Ekpo etc
All these people worked hard in order to liberate Nigeria from the shackles of Colonialism. The contemporary society cannot forget the impact of these great people for their role in Nigerian independence. Today, we can say we are part of the nation just like the experience of the Israelites during the leadership of Moses.
THE FUTURE LEADERS
The children are the future leaders, the adults are the present leaders in Nigeria today who are providing service to the nation. The children will definitely take over from the adult, that is one of the reasons why the children were sent to school to acquire the necessary knowledge that will enable them to perform their duties as expected.
QUALITIES OF A GOOD LEADER
From the story of Moses, Joshua, Deborah, and Gideon; it is clear that a good leader is the person who is ready to serve. He leads people by serving them. He should be ready to serve in any capacity and in any part of the country where his/her serve is needed. His major concern should be to render service to God and Mankind.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
- How can we prepare for future?
- The Youth are the future leaders . Discuss
- What are the qualities of a good leader?
- Discuss the challenges of leaders in Nigeria.
- How can a christian become a leader in the society.
- What are the differences between good and bad leaders?
- Highlight the potentials of the followers when the leaders are bad.
1. Joshua was the son of Nun who served God ___ (a) dishonestly (b) Faithfully
(c) with impureness.
2. Joshua led the Israelites to ___ land (a) Cana (b) Caanan (c) Mount Sinai (d) Amorith.
3. The following were some of the leaders that fought for Nigerian freedom except ___ (a) zik (b) Awo (c) Moses (d) Balewa
4. Awolowo was from ___ part of Nigeria (a) South (b) East (c) North (d) West.
5. Eminent Nigerians got the independence from the ___ (a) Colonial master
(b) American leaders (c) freedom fighters (d) German protectorate
1. Give two qualities of a worthy leader.
2. State the advantages of Nigeria independence since 1960.
(Visited 31 times, 5 visits today)