- Client-Centered Approach: Guidance and counseling should focus on the needs, preferences, and goals of the client. The individual’s well-being and development are at the center of the counseling process.
- Confidentiality: Counselors are bound to maintain the confidentiality of client information unless there is a legitimate concern for the client’s safety or the safety of others.
- Respect for Diversity: Counselors should respect the diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and values of their clients. They should avoid imposing their own biases and judgments.
- Ethical Practice: Counselors should adhere to professional and ethical standards in their interactions with clients. This includes maintaining professional boundaries, avoiding conflicts of interest, and ensuring the well-being of the client.
- Non-Discrimination: Counselors should provide services to all individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status.
- Empowerment: Guidance and counseling should empower clients to make informed decisions and take responsibility for their actions. Counselors facilitate clients’ self-discovery and problem-solving skills.
- Continuous Professional Development: Counselors should engage in ongoing learning and professional development to enhance their skills, stay current with research and best practices, and provide effective services.
These principles form the foundation for ethical and effective guidance and counseling practices, promoting the well-being and growth of individuals seeking support.
Discuss five problems militating against the development of guidance and counseling in Nigeria
1. One of the key principles of guidance and counseling is the __________ approach, focusing on the needs and goals of the client.
2. Counselors are obligated to maintain __________, ensuring that client information remains private and confidential.
3. The principle of __________ emphasizes that counselors should respect and appreciate the diverse backgrounds of their clients.
4. Ethical __________ requires counselors to adhere to professional standards and conduct themselves with integrity.
5. The principle of __________ ensures that counselors provide services without discrimination based on various factors.
6. Guidance and counseling aim to __________ clients by helping them make informed decisions and solve problems.
7. Ongoing __________ development is essential for counselors to stay updated and maintain the quality of their services.
8. One principle of guidance and counseling is to maintain appropriate __________, ensuring a professional and respectful relationship.
9. Counselors should always prioritize the __________ of their clients, ensuring their safety and well-being.
10. The principle of __________ guides counselors to avoid imposing their own beliefs or judgments on clients.
11. The principle of __________ asserts that counselors should engage in ethical and responsible behavior.
b) ethical practice
12. __________ is a fundamental principle that emphasizes that counseling should be available and accessible to all individuals.
13. Counselors should promote the __________ of their clients, encouraging them to take control of their own lives.
14. The principle of __________ calls for counselors to be transparent and accountable for their actions.
15. Effective guidance and counseling is built on the principle of continuous __________ improvement and learning.
SUMMER COACHING FINAL TEST JSS 1
SUMMER COACHING SS 1 FINAL TEST
The benefits of applying the functionalists’ macro theory to the study of social order
Set induction explained
What were the criticisms against the education system which the colonial isters provided to their colonies before 1923?