PHYSICAL AND HEALTH DEVELOPMENT
TERM : First Term Lesson Note And Scheme of Work
CLASS : Kindergarten One KG 1
SUBJECT : Health Habits
CLASS / TERM : KG 1 FIRST TERM
WEEK : WEEK 10
- Wall charts
- Online Resource
Methods of Teaching
- Role modelling
- Questions and Answers
Organs of Breathing
Previous lesson : Learners have been taught
in their previous lesson
BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES : At the end of the lesson , pupils will be able to
- say the organs of breathing
- Breathe out and breathe in
We need the kids to understand the importance of staying in well ventilated room or building.
They need to know that when they breathe, they are taking in fresh air, which is oxygen and sending out bad air, which is carbon dioxide.
If they stay in a room with all the doors and windows locked, there will not be means for fresh air to come into the room, therefore, the children will keep breathing the bad air they breathed out. That can make them sick.
- PROMPTING QUESTION: What is breathing?
- RESPONSE: Breathing means taking in fresh air Into our body
And sending out bad air out of our body
Ø LESSON 12: ORGANS OF BREATHING
- PROMPTING: What do we use to breathe?
- RESPONSE: We breathe with our nose and our mouth
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1 : The class teacher revises the previous topic
Step 2 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3 : The class teacher allows the learner to give their own contributions and he or she corrects them when the needs arise
- What is breathing .?
- Do plants breathe ?
- Do animals breathe ?
- Is air present everywhere ?
- What do we call the air we breathe in ?
- What do we call the air we breathe out ?
Class Teacher Question :
Why is air ?
Pupils’ response :
Air is a mixture of gases
- Air is everywhere
- Air in motion is called wind
- Slowly moving air is known as breeze