PHYSICAL AND HEALTH DEVELOPMENT
TERM : First Term Lesson Note And Scheme of Work
CLASS : Kindergarten One KG 1
SUBJECT :Health Habits
CLASS / TERM : KG 1 FIRST TERM
WEEK : WEEK 4
Importance of good personal hygiene
Previous lesson : Learners have been taught
Wash, brush and comb
in their previous lesson
BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES : At the end of the lesson , student will be able to
- say the importance of having a very clean body
- say the importance of having a very clean teeth
- say the importance of having a very clean hair
- say the importance of having a very clean hands after using the toilet
PERSONAL HYGIENE helps us to have good health. It helps to prevent diseases and sickness
It makes us to have better self esteem.. that means when you take good care of your body, you will feel better about yourself
The importance of having a very clean body
- Our body will be free from germs
- Our body will be free from infections
- Our body will be neat
- People will like us when we are neat .
- If our body is neat , we will have more friends
The importance of having a very clean teeth
- We will have clean and fresh breath
- Our mouth will not stink or smell
- We will not have tooth decay or cavity
- Our gums will be very strong and it will not bleed
The importance of having a very clean hair
- It makes us to appear neat and fine
- Clean and well trimmed hair shows that we are well dressed
- Lice and ring worms will not infect our hair if it is well plaited , trimmed or combed
The importance of having a very clean hands after using the toilet
- Hands are easy to spread infections
- We must always keep our hands clean by washing our hands with soap and lot of water
- We must always wash our hands after using the toilet .
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1 : The class teacher revises the previous topic
Step 2 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3 : The class teacher allows the learner to give their own contributions and he or she corrects them when the needs arise
- How do we take care of our body ?
- How many times are we expected to brush our teeth ?
- Must we wash our hands after using the toilet ?
- Should we wash our hands before and after using the toilet ?
- If we do not cut our fingernails short , what will happen to our hands or fingernails
- When our hair is dirty or unkempt , we may have lice in our hair ? True or false ?
- Must we put our fingers in our nose ?
- How do we clean our ear or eardrums ?
Teacher : What will happen if you don’t take good care
of your body?
Expected Responses from Learner :
If I don’t take good care of my body
- Germs will enter my body I will have diseases
- I will be sick
- I will not be happy.
- It is good for me to take good care of my body.
- My body will ache when i have diseases or infections