PHYSICAL AND HEALTH DEVELOPMENT
TERM : First Term Lesson Note And Scheme of Work
CLASS : Kindergarten One KG 1
SUBJECT :Health Habits
CLASS / TERM : KG 1 FIRST TERM
WEEK : WEEK 3
TOPIC : Wash, Brush and Comb
Previous lesson : Learners have been taught
Keeping it clean
in their previous lesson
BEHAVIOURAL OBJECTIVES : At the end of the lesson , student will be able to
- say how to wash our body
- say how to brush our teeth
- say how to comb our hair
- say how to wash our hands after using the toilet
This lesson will look at the different personal hygiene skills these kids need to develop.
EXPLANATION: They have to know that they need to shower every morning and evening. They should start each day with a clean skin and end the day with a clean skin. While bathing, they should focus on their armpit, neck, feet and their private parts.
Let them know that they need to bathe after every sweaty exercise or when they come back from school.
They have to brush their teeth two times a day—morning and evening. They should also brush/comb their hair after a bathe
They should wash their clothes all the time, they should wear a clean clothe after every bath.
Proper Washing of hands Always————– the most common health challenge they face
is touching their hands with unsanitary things and then putting the hands in their mouths without washing. So, proper hand washing will help keep them healthy more than any other hygiene skill.
- PROMPTING: How do you take care of your body?
- RESPONSE: I should take care of my body by Bathing two times a day
Brushing my teeth two times a day Washing my hands all the time Wearing a clean clothe
And Combing my hair
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1 : The class teacher revises the previous topic
Step 2 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3 : The class teacher allows the learner to give their own contributions and he or she corrects them when the needs arise
- How do we take care of our body ?
- How many times are we expected to brush our teeth ?
- Must we wash our hands after using the toilet ?
- Should we wash our hands before and after using the toilet ?
- If we do not cut our fingernails short , what will happen to our hands or fingernails
- When our hair is dirty or unkempt , we may have lice in our hair ? True or false ?
- Must we put our fingers in our nose ?
- How do we clean our ear or eardrums ?