Subject : Social Studies
Topic : Physical Development In Youth
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Physical development is the process that starts in human infancy and continues into late adolescent concentrating on mental and fine motor skills as well as puberty.
As a child learns what their bodies can do, they gain self-confidence, promoting social and emotional development.
PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT IN YOUTH
Physical development is divided into two areas, growth and development.
Growth is the physical changes of, the increase in size, height and weight.
Development is how children gain control over their physical actions to do complicated and difficult activities more skilfully and easily.
Physical development involves developing control over the body, particularly muscles and physical coordination.
OBSTACLES TO YOUTH PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
There are conditions which prevent children from keeping their body physically fit.
1. Lack of sleep – a child needs to sleep well in order to allow the body organs rest for a while.
2. Lack of exercises – a child who does not exercise will develop weak limbs.
3. Diseases – diseases weaken the child and cause some deformity in him.
4. Poor diet – poor diet makes a child weak and unfit.
5. Dirty environment : Dirty environment is unsafe for growth and development especially the children.
1. What is growth
Mention four factors that are obstacles to youth development and growth
(Visited 147 times, 1 visits today)