School Administrative Guide
SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS’ HANDBOOK
Essential tool guide for effective and efficient running of school
1. Parent feedback analysis
2. Staff feedback template
3. Job description for all staff
4. Parent executive management procedure
5. Parent enquiry checklist
6. Parent database checklist
7. Preschool Operation guide
8. Staff performance appraisal
9. Head of school appraisal
10. School management meeting agenda template
11. Parent forum agenda template
12. Staff meeting agenda template
13. School WhatsApp content guide
14. Staff query format
15. Staff exit management
16. Staff suspension and termination template
17. Staff employment offer
18. Head of school reporting format
19. Teachers reporting format
20. Administrators inventory logbook
21. Bus drivers maintenance checklist
22. Supplier information checklist
23. Logistics purchase authorization
24. Parent undertaking template for debt
25. Parent undertaking template for children behaviour
26. Service level agreement for external teachers
27. Service level agreement for service providers
28. Classroom evaluation report template
29. Parent analytics worksheet
30. School leadership guide.
31. School administrative guide
32. School academics guide
33. Fee payment guide
34. Parent management guide
35. Staff management guide
36. Learners health guide
37. Learners food guide
38. Learning management guide
39. School safety and security guide
40. Child protection guide
41. School supplier guide
42. School programs and events guide
43. School admission guide
44. School examination guide
45. School appraisal guide
46. Six classroom management tips every teacher can use
47. School bus policy
48. 40 note book comments and ways to let your student know they are on the right track.
49. School developmental strategies
50. 100 Report card comments teachers can use while writing report cards of students/pupils
51. Discipline, suspension and expulsion
52. List of essential records you must have in your school.
1. Parent feedback analysis: Gathering feedback from parents allows schools to understand their perspectives, concerns, and suggestions. It helps in improving communication, addressing issues, and enhancing parental involvement in their child’s education.
2. Staff feedback template: Providing a structured feedback template enables staff members to express their opinions, share ideas, and provide suggestions. This feedback can be valuable for assessing staff satisfaction, identifying areas for improvement, and fostering a positive work environment.
3. Job description for all staff: Clearly defined job descriptions help establish roles, responsibilities, and expectations for each staff member. This promotes efficiency, reduces ambiguity, and ensures everyone understands their specific tasks and objectives.
4. Parent executive management procedure: Establishing a procedure for parent executive management enables effective collaboration between parents and school administrators. It facilitates decision-making, promotes transparency, and ensures parental input in important school matters.
5. Parent enquiry checklist: A checklist for handling parent inquiries ensures consistent and thorough responses. It helps staff members provide accurate information, address concerns promptly, and maintain good parent-school communication.
6. Parent database checklist: Maintaining an organized and up-to-date parent database is essential for effective communication and record-keeping. A checklist ensures that all necessary information is collected and maintained systematically.
7. Preschool Operation guide: A guide specifically tailored for preschool operations provides guidance on age-appropriate curriculum, safety protocols, parent engagement, and developmental milestones. It helps ensure quality early childhood education.
8. Staff performance appraisal: Regular performance appraisals allow schools to assess staff members’ strengths, areas for improvement, and professional development needs. It supports goal setting, career growth, and overall staff effectiveness.
9. Head of school appraisal: Appraising the performance of the head of school helps in evaluating leadership effectiveness, identifying areas for improvement, and ensuring accountability at the administrative level.
10. School management meeting agenda template: A standardized meeting agenda template ensures that school management meetings are structured, focused, and productive. It helps set objectives, prioritize topics, and track action items.
11. Parent forum agenda template: A template for parent forums enables efficient organization and facilitation of meetings. It ensures that relevant topics are covered, encourages active participation, and promotes constructive dialogue between parents and school administrators.
12. Staff meeting agenda template: Having a structured agenda for staff meetings promotes effective communication, collaboration, and teamwork among staff members. It ensures that important matters are discussed, decisions are made, and information is shared.
13. School WhatsApp content guide: As WhatsApp is a widely used communication tool, providing guidelines on appropriate content and usage helps maintain professionalism, privacy, and effective communication within the school community.
14. Staff query format: Having a standardized format for addressing staff queries ensures consistency, clarity, and fairness in responding to staff concerns. It helps streamline the query resolution process.
15. Staff exit management: Establishing a clear process for staff exits ensures smooth transitions, protects confidentiality, and allows for proper documentation. It helps maintain positive relationships and professionalism during the departure of staff members.
16. Staff suspension and termination template: A template for staff suspension and termination ensures that such actions are handled legally, ethically, and with proper documentation. It provides a framework for fairness and consistency in disciplinary procedures.
17. Staff employment offer: Providing a formal employment offer to staff members clarifies the terms and conditions of their employment. It helps avoid misunderstandings, ensures legal compliance, and establishes clear expectations.
18. Head of school reporting format: A standardized reporting format for the head of school facilitates effective communication with higher authorities, board members, and stakeholders. It ensures that relevant information is shared in a concise and consistent manner.
19. Teachers reporting format: Having a standardized reporting format for teachers enables them to provide consistent and comprehensive updates on student progress, curriculum implementation, and classroom activities. It helps in monitoring student performance, identifying areas of improvement, and fostering effective communication between teachers, parents, and administrators.
20. Administrators inventory logbook: Maintaining an inventory logbook for administrators ensures proper tracking and management of school resources and assets. It helps in budgeting, procurement planning, and ensuring the availability of necessary supplies and equipment.
21. Bus drivers maintenance checklist: A maintenance checklist for bus drivers ensures regular inspection and upkeep of school buses. It helps in ensuring the safety and reliability of transportation services provided to students.
22. Supplier information checklist: A checklist for supplier information enables schools to gather and maintain essential details about vendors and suppliers. It facilitates efficient procurement processes, quality control, and vendor management.
23. Logistics purchase authorization: Having a clear purchase authorization process for logistics ensures that procurement activities are properly authorized, monitored, and aligned with the school’s budgetary guidelines. It helps in controlling expenses and maintaining financial accountability.
24. Parent undertaking template for debt: A template for parent undertakings regarding outstanding debts helps schools ensure timely payment of fees and other dues. It clarifies expectations, outlines consequences for non-payment, and promotes financial discipline.
25. Parent undertaking template for children behavior: A template for parent undertakings regarding their child’s behavior establishes clear expectations and consequences for student conduct. It helps in maintaining discipline, promoting a positive learning environment, and involving parents in behavior management.
26. Service level agreement for external teachers: A service level agreement (SLA) for external teachers outlines the terms and conditions of their engagement with the school. It ensures clarity, professionalism, and accountability in the relationship between the school and external teaching personnel.
27. Service level agreement for service providers: Similarly, an SLA for service providers (e.g., maintenance, cleaning, security) ensures that expectations, responsibilities, and performance standards are clearly defined and agreed upon. It helps in maintaining quality services and effective vendor management.
28. Classroom evaluation report template: A standardized template for classroom evaluation reports helps in assessing teaching methodologies, classroom environment, and student engagement. It supports professional development, instructional improvement, and accountability.
29. Parent analytics worksheet: A parent analytics worksheet allows schools to track and analyze data related to parent involvement, communication effectiveness, and engagement in school activities. It provides insights for enhancing parental support and involvement.
30. School leadership guide: A comprehensive guide for school leadership provides guidance and strategies for effective leadership, decision-making, and fostering a positive school culture. It supports the professional growth and effectiveness of school leaders.
31. School administrative guide: An administrative guide outlines best practices and procedures for various administrative tasks, such as record-keeping, documentation, staff management, and communication protocols. It promotes consistency, efficiency, and professionalism in administrative processes.
32. School academics guide: An academics guide provides a framework for curriculum planning, instructional strategies, assessment methods, and academic support services. It helps in maintaining academic standards, promoting effective teaching practices, and ensuring student success.
33. Fee payment guide: A fee payment guide outlines the procedures, deadlines, and modes of fee payment for parents. It ensures transparency, facilitates financial planning, and helps in managing the school’s financial resources.
34. Parent management guide: A parent management guide provides strategies and tips for effective parent-teacher communication, resolving conflicts, and building positive relationships with parents. It supports collaborative partnerships between parents and the school.
35. Staff management guide: A staff management guide offers guidance on recruitment, professional development, performance management, and staff well-being. It helps in attracting and retaining talented staff, fostering a positive work environment, and promoting staff growth.
36. Learners health guide: A learners health guide outlines protocols, policies, and best practices for promoting and maintaining the health and well-being of students. It covers areas such as health screenings, medical emergencies, hygiene practices, and health education. It ensures that students’ physical and mental health needs are addressed, creating a conducive environment for learning.
37. Learners food guide: A learners food guide provides guidelines for providing nutritious meals and snacks to students, taking into account dietary requirements, allergies, and cultural preferences. It promotes healthy eating habits, supports students’ overall well-being, and contributes to their academic performance.
38. Learning management guide: A learning management guide outlines strategies and approaches for effective classroom management, student engagement, and differentiated instruction. It helps teachers create a positive and productive learning environment, ensuring optimal learning outcomes.
39. School safety and security guide: A school safety and security guide encompasses policies, procedures, and protocols to ensure the physical safety of students, staff, and visitors. It addresses emergency preparedness, crisis management, and preventive measures, fostering a secure learning environment.
40. Child protection guide: A child protection guide establishes policies, protocols, and reporting mechanisms to safeguard students from abuse, neglect, or exploitation. It promotes the well-being and safety of children, providing guidelines for staff training, awareness, and intervention.
41. School supplier guide: A school supplier guide outlines procedures for selecting, evaluating, and managing suppliers. It ensures that the school works with reliable and ethical vendors, resulting in quality products and services for the school community.
42. School programs and events guide: A programs and events guide provides a framework for planning, organizing, and executing school activities, such as assemblies, field trips, and celebrations. It helps ensure that events are well-coordinated, meaningful, and aligned with the school’s objectives.
43. School admission guide: A school admission guide outlines procedures, criteria, and documentation requirements for student enrollment. It ensures transparency, fairness, and adherence to legal and regulatory standards in the admission process.
44. School examination guide: A school examination guide provides guidelines for designing, administering, and evaluating assessments and examinations. It promotes assessment validity, reliability, and fairness, contributing to accurate student evaluation and academic accountability.
45. School appraisal guide: A school appraisal guide establishes a framework for evaluating the overall performance and effectiveness of the school. It covers areas such as academic achievement, staff development, parent satisfaction, and operational efficiency, providing a comprehensive assessment of the school’s strengths and areas for improvement.
46. Six classroom management tips every teacher can use: This section offers practical advice and strategies for teachers to effectively manage their classrooms, establish routines, address behavior issues, promote student engagement, and create a positive learning environment.
47. School bus policy: A school bus policy outlines rules, regulations, and safety protocols for students using school transportation services. It ensures student safety during transportation, sets expectations for student behavior, and helps prevent incidents.
48. 40 notebook comments and ways to let your student know they are on the right track: This section provides teachers with a variety of positive and constructive comments to include in students’ notebooks, acknowledging their efforts, progress, and achievements. It promotes positive reinforcement and encourages students to continue their academic growth.
49. School developmental strategies: School developmental strategies encompass long-term plans and initiatives to improve the overall quality of education and school environment. They focus on areas such as curriculum enhancement, infrastructure development, technology integration, and community engagement.
50. 100 report card comments teachers can use while writing report cards of students/pupils: This section provides a wide range of comments that teachers can use to provide meaningful feedback on students’ progress, strengths, areas for improvement, and overall performance. It assists teachers in effectively communicating students’ achievements to parents.
51. Discipline, suspension, and expulsion: This section outlines the disciplinary policies, procedures, and consequences for students who engage in disruptive or harmful behavior. It establishes a framework for maintaining a safe and respectful learning environment, ensuring that appropriate disciplinary actions are taken when necessary, including suspension or expulsion in severe cases.
52. List of essential records you must have in your school: This section provides a comprehensive list of essential records that schools should maintain, such as student attendance records, academic transcripts, staff contracts, financial statements, and safety incident reports. It emphasizes the importance of record-keeping for legal compliance, accountability, and effective decision-making.
Having all these resources compiled in a single booklet, the School Administrators’ Handbook, is highly beneficial for effective and efficient school management. It serves as a valuable reference and guide for administrators, teachers, and staff members, providing them with the necessary tools and information to enhance various aspects of education, from parental involvement and staff management to academic programs, safety procedures, and student well-being. The handbook promotes consistency, professionalism, and continuous improvement within the school, ultimately contributing to the overall success and positive learning experience of students.