THIRD TERM E-LEARNING NOTE
SUBJECT: Basic science and Technology Third Term Primary 3
CLASS: Primary 3
Term : Third Term
Week: Week 4
Topic : MODERN TECHNOLOGY
Sub Topic : Explain forms of MODERN TECHNOLOGY
Behavioural objectives :
By the end of the lesson, the learners will be able to
- explain the meaning of MODERN TECHNOLOGY
- State the examples of developed and MODERN TECHNOLOGY
Previous lesson :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
Forms of Technology
that was taught in the previous topic
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Pictures of plants and animals
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
What is Modern Technology?
Modern technology is the advancement of the old technology with new additions and modifications. For an example, it is impossible for the people in this decade to live with a wired telephone placed on the table. So, the mobile phone which can be taken with us anywhere is the perfect example of the technology advancement or simply, the modern technology. Any machine or device we see around us is the product of the modern technology. To know more about it, continue reading this article.. Modern technology used the Internet and mobile devices and allows people to use it faster than the traditional technology.
Examples of modern technology
Grinding machine etc
Genetic engineering. …
Digital media. …
Personal computers. …
Space flight. …
Nuclear power. …
Electronic funds transfer.
Mechanized Farming with harvesters, tractors,using of ships, airplanes use of lighter etc.
DIFFERENT BETWEEN MODERN AND ANCIENT TECHNOLOGY
- Ease of Access to Information
- Saves Time
- Ease Of Mobility
- Better Communication Means
- Cost Efficiency
- Innovation In Many Fields
- Improved Banking
- Better Learning Techniques
- Artificial Intelligence
- Ancient technology are slow
- It takes times
- Difficulty in accessing information
- It takes man power and energy before work can be done.
- They cannot be Carried about
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
Assessment & Evaluation:
- Mention the forms of technology
- State four examples of developed technology.
- List four examples of modern technology .
- Write out Four examples of traditional technology
- Say four differences between ancient technology and modern technology
Week 1 : Living Things . Plants and animals
Week 2 : Characteristics of living things
Week 3 : Forms of Technology
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)