Class: Basic 5
Subject: Agricultural Science
Topic: Classification of Animals Based on Where They Live.
The place where animals live is called “Habitat”.
Animals can be classified into three based on where they live and these are:
* Land living animals
* Water living animals
* Aerial living animals
Land living animals are those animals that live on land. They are also called terrestrial animals. Examples are: goat, cow, sheep, dog, rabbit, rat, chicken, etc.
Water living animals are animals that live in water. They are called aquatic animals. Examples are: fish, prawn, crocodile, crab, etc
Aerial animals are animals that fly in the air. Example is a bird. Pigeon, dove, parrots,
1. The place where animals live is called _______________.
2. Animals are classified into __________ based on where they live.
3. Mention the three types of animals based on where they live.
4. Another name for water living animals is ___________________________.
5. Give two examples of each type of animals based on where they live.
a.) Land animals: ______________, ______________
b.) Water animals: ______________, ______________.
c.) Aerial animals: _______________, _______________.
(Visited 304 times, 2 visits today)