Subject: Agricultural Science
Class: Basic 1 / Primary 1 / Year 1
Term: Second Term / 2nd Term
Week: Week 11
Air Pollution and things that make air unfit for man and animal use
Previous Knowledge: The pupils have previous knowledge of
Uses of Air
that was taught in their previous lesson.
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, learners will be able to
- Say the meaning of air pollution
- Say the things that pollute air
- Say how to reduce air pollution
- Wall Charts showing causes of air pollution
- Online Resource with pictures showing air pushing things in all directions
Methods of Teaching
- Role modelling
- Questions and Answers
- Story Telling
Pollution means to defile.
Air Pollution means things that make air unfit for man and animal use.
Examples of air pollutants are smoke, tear gas, dust, etc
Objects That Can Be Filled With Air
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1: The class teacher revises the old topic
Step 2: The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3: The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own contributions and gives room for pupils” participation
Class Teacher and Pupils Activities. Interaction or Participation
This involves class teacher and pupils’ interaction, conversation, imitation or modeling through discussion, play method or just by recitation or asking and answering questions that are related to the topic that has just been taught.
The air we breathe in is called ___
- The air that we breathe out is called ___
Plants need ____ to live
- Animals need ___ to survive
___ pressure pushes things in all directions
___ pressure makes plane to fly in the sky.
___ can float in the air
- We blow ____ on our hot food to make it cool.
- Things that make air defile are called air ____
- Tear gas is an example of ___ pollutant
Uses of Air
Primary 1 First Term Scheme of work With Lesson Notes Agricultural Science