Sources of Proteins like Plants and Animals
Subject : Agricultural Science
Class : Basic 3 / Primary 3 / Year 3
Term : First Term
Week : Week 6
Source of Proteins
Previous Knowledge : The pupils have previous knowledge of
Proteinous Foods Building Blocks Of Lives
that was taught in their previous lesson.
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson , learners will be able to
- Say examples of proteins that are of animal source.
- List examples of protein foods that are of plant source.
- Wall charts
- Online Resource
- Picture showing classes of food
Methods of Teaching
- Role modelling
- Questions and Answers
- Story Telling
Proteins That Are Animal Based ?
Examples of Proteins that are plant based
1. Beans .
5. Tiger nuts
7. Cashew nut
Nigerian Plant Based Rich Sources of Protein
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1 : The class teacher revises the old topic
Step 2 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3 : The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own contributions and gives room for pupils” participation
Class Teacher And Pupils Activities. Interaction or Participation
This involves class teacher and pupils interaction , conversation , imitation or modeling through discussion , play method or just by recitation or asking and answering questions that are related to the topic that has just been taught
- The class teacher asks the pupils what other types of food that can be make from beans. They answer maybe bean cake (àkàrà) moin moin (bean custard) bean soup (Gbegiri)
- A pupil may be asked to show the samples of these food types to other members of the class.
- Proteins build our ____________ (body, house)
- Proteins are body _________ foods (building / killing )
- Liver and Fish are examples of _________foods (destroying /building )
- Write out four body building foods _____ ______ _____ ______
- Write out four energy Giving Foods ____ ____ ____ _____
- ……..is what is eaten either liquid or semi solid that is taken to maintain the body growth (Food / Poisson)
- The class of food that provides us with the needed energy is called……(Carbohydrates / Protein)
- The class of food that protects the food from infections is known as…….(Vitamins / Carbohydrates)