Subject : Computer Studies
Class : Basic 3 / Primary 3 / Year 3
Term : First Term
Week : Week 6
More Examples of Computer Input Devices
Previous Knowledge : The pupils have previous knowledge of
Computer Input Devices ( Basic 3 First Term Week 5 )
that was taught in their previous lesson.
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson , learners will be able to
1. describe input device of a computer
2. differentiate input device from output device
3 . mention four input device in the laboratory
- Wall charts
- Online Resource
Methods of Teaching
- Role modelling
- Questions and Answers
- Story Telling
An input device is any hardware device that sends data to a computer, allowing you to interact with and control it.
The most commonly used or primary input devices on a computer are the keyboard and mouse.
Other examples of input devices are the bio metrics=finger print scanner, business card reader, game pad, touch screen, video capture device.
The topic is presented step by step
Step 1 : The class teacher revises the old topic
Step 2 : The class teacher introduces the new topic
Step 3 : The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own contributions and gives room for pupils” participation
Class Teacher And Pupils Activities. Interaction or Participation
This involves class teacher and pupils interaction , conversation , imitation or modeling through discussion , play method or just by recitation or asking and answering questions that are related to the topic that has just been taught
- The class teacher asks the pupils to touch the computer keyboard
- The pupils are shown examples of other input devices like mouse or scanner
- Pupils are encouraged to use or press the computer keyboard
- Differentiate input device from output device
- Name three input devices.
- Mention four input devices in the computer room
- An input device is a hardware or software component of a computer?
- Write three parts of a hardware components of a computer
- Describe input device of a computer