FIRST TERM E-LEARNING NOTES
SUBJECT: FURTHER MATHEMATICS CLASS: SSS 3
SCHEME OF WORK
- Matrices and Determinants (2×2, 3×3): (a) Basic definitions (b) Addition, subtraction and multiplication on Matrices (c) Transposition and special matrix (d) Determinants of order 2 and 3 (e) Inverse of a square matrix (f) Simultaneous equations using matrices.
- Linear transformations: (a)Translation (ii) Reflection (b) Rotation (c) Enlargement (d) Combination of transformations and inverse matrix
- Partial Fractions: (a) Partial and compound fractions (b) Splitting fractions (c) Types of Partial fractions: non-repeated linear factors at the denominator, other non-repeated factors at the denominator, repeated factors at the denominator, quadratic factors, Improper fractions.
- Integration : (i)Understand integration as the reverse process of differentiation (ii) Integration of algebraic polynomials
including 1/x, logarithmic function (iii)Definition integrals and application to kinematics Apply to V-t and S-t graphs.(iv)Areas under the curve Trapezoidal rule. Volume of solids of revolution.
- Conic Sections: (i)Equations of parabola, Ellipse, Hyperbola in rectangular Cartesian coordinates (ii)Parametric equations.
- Correlation: (i)Concept of correlation as measure of relationships (ii)Scatter diagrams (iii)Rank correlation (iv)Tied ranks
- MID – TERM BREAK
- Probability Distribution and Approximations: (I) Binomial (ii)Poisson (iii)Normal distributions (iv)Binomial approximations
(iv)Approximations by binomial distribution.
- Variance: (i)Mean (ii)Variance (iii)Coefficient of variance of Binomial, Poisson and Normal distributions.