Subject : Health Habits
Topic : Illness / Diseases
Class : Nursery 1
Term : First Term
Week : Week 1
Instructional Materials :
- Story books
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
Courtesy Simple Greetings
Behavioural Objectives : By the end of the lesson, the learners will be able to
- say the meaning of diseases or illness
- give examples of diseases
- mention some common diseases
- say how to avoid illness or diseases
Meaning of Diseases
Illness is an abnormal function of the body system .
Disease and infection make us ill .
When we are ill , we are not very active to do all our daily activities .
We must try very hard to be hale and hearty at all the time
Examples of Common illness or diseases are
6. stomach pain
8. Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
9. Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD)
10. Febrile Seizures.
How to avoid common illness or diseases
,1. Always wash your hands after using the toilet
2. Always wash your fruits before eating
3. Do not eat with dirty plates or spoons
4. Get vaccinations. …
5. Cover coughs and sneezes. …
6. Disinfect toys, electronics, and communal objects. …
7. Eat healthy and exercise regularly. …
8. Start good habits early
9. Always wear your face or nose masks
10. Use your sanitizers always
Necessary Steps To Talk When A child or pupil is ill
Refer children for treatment when necessary to appropriate health centres that are very close to you or if you are living on the island , then you may visit Massey Street Children’s Hospital Lagos Island
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
1 . When we are sick , we feel very very _____________________ ( happy, strong , weak }
2. When we are sick , We must visit the ______________________ ( doctor , barber , tailor )
3. We must always wash our hands after using the toilet _______ ( True , False , Not sure )
4. Malaria is an example of illness ____________ _ ( True , False , Not sure )
5. When we have headache , we must tell our teachers or parents ______ _ ( True , False , Not sure )
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
(Visited 109 times, 3 visits today)