Edu Delight Tutors
Subuode Gbaga Gasline Ogun State
1st Term Examination
Attempt all questions
- In classification of crops based on their uses which of these crops is a tuber crop? (a)cowpea (b)rice (c)millet (d)cassava
- Classification based on their uses which of these crops is grass legume? (a)yam (b)cowpea (c)maize (d)potato
- Classification based on life span which of these crops is annual crop? (a)yam (b)cocoa (c)citrus (d)oil palm
- One of these is not a vegetable crop (a)pepper (b)tomato (c)pumpkin (d)mango
- The reproductive part of a plant is ____________ (a)stem (b)flower (c)root (d)leaf
- Which of these animals produces eggs in a high rate for consumption? (a)Turkey (b)Pigeon (c)Chicken (d)Goose
- Which of these animals is known as diary animals (a)Pigs (b)Cows (c)Goats (d)all of the above
- Which part of the plant that takes in water into the plant during photosynthesis? (a)branching (b)roof (c)stem (d)leaves
- Which of these is not a form of Agriculture? (a)apiculture (b)horticulture (c)heliculture (d)all of the above
- Which of these is not an importance of Agriculture to man? (a)food (b)shelter (c)clothing (d)all of the above
- Which of these is a factor that affects animals (farm animals especially (a)climate (b)pasture (c)sunlight (d)all of the above
- Which of these is an importance of farm animals? (a)supply of meat (b)supply of eggs (c)supply of leather materials (d)all of the above
- Which of these is a fishing farm tool? (a)hook (b)net (c)basket (d)all of the above
- The plant that grows in an unwanted place is known as ___________ (a)stubborn grass (b)weed (c)bush (d)forest
- A place where fishes are reared is called ____________ (a)fish pond (b)lake (c)river (d)all of the above
- Which of these is a pest of crops? (a)weevils (b)cockroach (c)rat (d)butterfly
- One of these is a type of soil (a)loamy (b)sandy (c)clay (d)all of the above
- Which of these is a part of the plant that stores food during photosynthesis? (a)the root (b)the stem (c)the flower (d)the leaves
- In classification and uses of farm animals which of these is a work animal? (a)Cat (b)Chicken (c)Donkey (d)Parrot
- Which of these is not a poultry animal? (a)Chicken (b)Goose (c)Turkey (d)Goat
- ________________ is the art and science of production of plants and animals? (a) farming (b)agriculture (c) hunting (d)farm settlement
- The era of hunting and gathering of fruits is known as ___________ (a)old stone age (b) new stone age (c)early stone age (d)revolution age
- Agriculture produce the following except __________ (a)food (b) agricultural engineering tools (c)income to farmers (d)industrial raw materials
- Growing only one types of crop on a piece of land is called ______ (a) mixed cropping (b) mono cropping (c) herding (d) general cropping
- Mr Peter produces plants and animal for himself and his family alone, he is a ______________ (a) commercial farmer (b) subsistence farmer (c) plantation farmer (d)communal farmer
- _______________ is the process of raising land snails for human use? (a) horticulture (b) heliculture (c) apiculture (d) silviculture
- ______________ crops complete their life cycle within one year . (a)annual (b) biannual (c)perennial (d) none of the above
- Agriculture is derived from two Latin words__________ and __________ (a) ager and cultural (b)bios and logos (c) fish and cultivation (d) land and water
- Mixed cropping is also known as _____________ cropping (a) multinational (b)annual (c) multiple (d) pastoral
- The process of catching, rearing and selling of fishes is called _____________ (a) livestock farming (b) apiculture (c) heliculture (d) fish farming
- _______________ produces honey (a) beetles (b) butterflies (c) snake (d) bees
- ____________ is a cereal (a) yam (b) cassava (c) corn (d) potato
- The study of trees and some wild animal is called ______________ (a)mining(b) forestry (c)soil science(d) fishery
- The part of plants that grows above the soil is ______________ system. (a) root (b) shoot (c) upper (d) down
- The part of the plant that grows within the soil is called___________ system (a) root (b) shoot (c) upper (d) down
- __________ is the source of fibre and cotton (a) engineering (b) agriculture (c) catering (d) mining.
- Example of animals that can be used for working on the farm is ___________ (a) camel (b) pig (c) rat (d) rabbit
- The study of the soil in which crops is planted is called _______ (a) soil science (b) crop science (c) animal science (d) fishery
- Crops that complete their life cycle in more than two years or seasons are called __________ crops (a) perennial (b)annual (c) biennial (d) biannual
- Which of the following is not a cereal? (a) millet (b) rice (c)wheat (d) cassava
- The following are vegetables except ___________ (a) tomato (b) cabbage (c) pumpkin (d) cocoa
- _________ is an agricultural product that is used as raw materials for making clothes (a) timber (b) cotton (c) ginger (d) banana
- The study of everything about animals health is called ____________ (a) animal science (b)veterinary science (c) crop science (d) horticulture
- __________ is the study of agricultural business practices (a) agricultural economics (b) agricultural engineering (c) agricultural extension (d) all of the above
- Fruits and vegetables are good source of vitamins and _________ (a)minerals (b) carbohydrates (c) fats (d) oils
- Crops whose seeds or fruits can produce oil when pressed are called ___________ crops (a) fibre (b) oil (c) mineral (d) vitamin
- Crops that are grown to beautify our surroundings are called __________ crops (a)forage (b) ornamental (c) medicinal (d) latex
- ______ involves the keeping of grazing animals in a fenced area of land (a) ranching (b) herding (c) wandering (d) mixed farming
- The management of farm and animal is called __________ (a) fishing (b) farming(c) forestry (d)crop science
- Another name for mono cropping is __________ cropping (a) multiple (b) sole (c) mixed (d) simple
SECTION B THEORY
Instruction: Answer all questions
- (a). List out five crops that are known as leguminous crops (b). Mention ten farm animals you know
- (a). State three different crops that are known to be tuber crops (b). State three special uses of cow as a farm animal
- (a). Give two reasons why chickens are import
- Which poultry bird is commonly used at home?
- (a). List three higher animals you know in animal husbandry
- State three lower animals that are also reared in agriculture and their product
- Give two reasons why weeds are not to be allowed in a farm
- Mention three kinds of crop pest you know
- What is agriculture?
- Briefly explain any three importance of agriculture to the farmer and the society.
- State two importance of agriculture to the nation
- Write the agricultural raw materials that are used in the following agro-based industries
- What is a crop plant?
- Mention any two parts of a plant that grows above the ground
- Mention and briefly explain any three branches of agriculture
- What is subsistence farming?
- Mention any three characteristics of subsistence farming
- Define the term mono-cropping
- Differentiate between mixed cropping and mixed farming.
- mention two characteristic of commercial agriculture.
- mention four machinery that are used in commercial agricultural activities.
- what is a seed?
- mention any two function of seeds
- Mention any three tools that are used in subsistence agriculture
- Mention any four forms of agriculture