COMMUNICATION, LANGUAGE AND LITERACY
Words and Opposites
Kindergarten 1 / KG 1
Instructional Materials :
- Wall charts
- Related Online Video
- Flash Cards
- Cut out of letters of the alphabet like A , B , C , D
- Short Story Books
Methods of Teaching :
- Class Discussion
- Group Discussion
- Asking Questions
- Role Modelling
- Role Delegation
Reference Materials :
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught
Introduction of Myself
in their previous lesson
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Understand that things that are (not) are called words and opposites
- Write out the opposites of some words
Let the children memories as many words and opposite as possible. Once they hear a word, they should be able to give the opposite.
Tell them that opposite means if a thing is not one thing, it is another. Example, if you are not tall, you are short. This idea will help them to quickly remember the opposites of words
- PROMPTING: Words and opposite
- RESPONSE: Words and opposites
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- Explain the following: (i) Subsistence Agriculture (ii) Commercial Agriculture
- Give three characteristics each of subsistence and commercial agriculture.
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)