KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING THE WORLD
Subject : Basic Science and Technology First Term KG 1
Kindergarten 1 KG 1
1st Term / First Term
Instructional Materials :
- Wall chart
- Video relating to topic of discussion
- Scheme of Work
- Online Information
- 9 Year Basic Education Curriculum
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have previous knowledge of
Concepts of day and night
during their previous lessons
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- say how we breathe
- say the air we breathe in
- Mention the air we breathe out
- say the importance of breathing
All living things breathe .
Human beings are people like you and me .
People breathe in oxygen and breathe out Carbon dioxide,
ALL living things need oxygen to live, including plants. Human beings and animals breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide. This process is called respiration. We can’t do anything without our respiratory system. We can breathe with our mouth or nose.
Different animals use different parts of their bodies to breathe.
Breathing is the process of taking in air into the lungs through the nose or mouth due to muscle contractions and then exhaled or sent out due to muscle relaxation.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- PROMPTING: What is breathing ?
- RESPONSE: Breathing occurs when we take in air into our body And sending out used air from our
- PROMPTING: What part of the body do we use for breathing
- RESPONSE: We make use of our nose fro breathing
- PROMPTING: Everybody breathe in . What do you call the air that you breathe in ?
The class teacher wraps up or conclude the lesson by giving out short note to summarize the topic that he or she has just taught.
The class teacher also goes round to make sure that the notes are well copied or well written by the pupils.
He or she does the necessary corrections when and where the needs arise.