Examination malpractices may lead to a repeat of the subject or suspensions don’t be involved. You’re expected to answer all the objective questions
SUBJECT: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CLASS: JSS ONE TIME: 2HRS
- Who invented the analytical engine? (a) Gottfried Leibnitz (b) Joseph Jacquard (c) Charles Babbage (d) Herman Hollerith
- The ________age is a pre- history period during which human beings widely used stone for tool making. (a) stone ( b) middle ( c) iron (d) industrial
- The ______age was a period in late 18th and early 19th (a) industrial (b) middle (c) stone (d) none of the above
- The second generation used (a) Vacuum tubes (b) MSI (c) IC (d) Transistors
- IC means (a) Integrated Circle (b) International Class (c) In Charge (d) Integrated Circuit
- The operation of the computer system is coordinated by a unit called ____ (a) memory unit (b) processing unit (c) storage unit (d) arithmetic and logic unit
- The part of the computer that displays the result of the processed data is called ____ (a) input unit (b) output (c) control unit (d) ALU
- A processed data is called (a) files (b) component (c) information (d) field.
- The following characteristics of a good information except.(a)accuracy (b)relevant (c)precise (d) written
- The basic raw facts and figures are referred to as… (a)information (b) data (c)report (d) history
- Information can be transmitted through the following ways EXCEPT (a) courier (b) dancing (c) oral (d) television
- The ancient method of transmission include the following except. (a) FAX (b) drawing (c) fire lighting (d) metal gong
- The modern method of transmitting information include the following Except.
(a) Printing (b) Telex (c) town crier (d) television
- … is accredited with the invention of the first fully electronic television system. (a) Philo Farnsworth (b) Napier bone (c)Leibniz (d) Johannes Gutenberg
- The act of using electronic computer and computer software to convert, store, process, transmit and retrieve information is called… (a) mechanics (b) data processing (c) information technology (d) maintenance.
- ____ is the exchange of information in any form (a) Information input (b) Information media (c) Information output (d) information transmission
- Information can be received in the following ways except (a) audio (b) visual (c) audio-visual (d) all of the above
- ____ is a means of broadcasting information like radio with accompanying pictures (a) fax (b) (c) file cabinet (d) television
- The following are the uses of ICT except (a) Communication (b) Information processing Management (c) Timing and control (d) all of the above.
- Database is the use of computers to prepare, edit , store an information on an individual (a) process (b) calculate (c) refine (d) retrieve
INSTRUCTION: Answer Four (4) questions
- State the different information ages. State the tools used in each age.
- List any four pre-computer age to 19th century computing devices.
- What are the use(s) of the computing devices you mentioned above?
- State four characteristics of the first generation computer.
- Write the full meaning of the following; i. ENIAC. ii. EDVAC iii. EDSAC
- What is Computer? State the three parts of a computer.
- What is Data? Mention four types of Data.
- State four sources of data and two sources of information.
- State four qualities of good information.
- List five ancient method of transmitting information.
- Explain the modern methods of transmitting information.
JS 1 ICT 1ST TERM
(Visited 32 times, 1 visits today)