- Which oneof these is not a component of cultural and creative arts? (a) Dance (b) Fine arts / applied arts (c) Drama (d) Playwright
- The movement of the body in a rhythmical manner to the rhythm of the music is called……………. (a) music (b) dance (c) drama (d) sculpture
- The imitation of an action is best described as …….. (a) music (b) painting (c) drama (d) sculpture
- The following are relevant to fine arts except …… (a) painting (b) drawing (c) drama (d) sculpture
- The branch of applied arts that deals with cloth weaving, dyeingof fabric in tie and dye, batik, screen printing is called …………… (a) woodwork (b) metalwork (c) textile design (d) graphic design.
- The early men are also referred to as …………men.(a) pre-historic (b) post-historic (c)civilized (d)none of the above
- What period marked the use of bronze in fashioning out things?(a) Iron age (b) Bronze age (c) Neolithic age (d) Mesolithic age
- Which one of the following is NOT a sub-component of performing art? (a) Drama (b) Dance (c) Ceramics (d) Music
- Which one of the following is an end-product of ceramics? (a)Mug (b) Kampala (c) Printed pictures (d) Chair
- Fine art comprises of the following except…………..…..(a) drawing (b) photography (c) Sculpture (d) painting
- Teamwork ensures smooth operation of a job being carried out among members of a group. (a) True (b) False (c) Maybe (d) Not sure
- When a person feels not connected to a family and community thereby becoming lonely and depressed is called……..(a) teamwork (b)sense of belonging (c) emotional trauma (d) psychological depression
- Which one of the following is NOT an importance of teamwork? (a) It slows down a job session. (b) It boosts productivity. (c) Work is done within a short time. (d)It motivates the workers.
- .What happens when a member of a production team refuses to cooperate with other members of the production team? (a) It hampers the smooth operation of the entire work at hand. (b) It reduces the efficiency of other workers. (c) Work is completed within a short time. (d) None of the above.
- Which one the following is NOT a way of achieving sense of belonging? (a) Carefulness (b) Tolerance (c) Attributional retraining (d) Not connecting with people
- The equal distribution of art elements in a work of art is based on what art principle.
- Proportion (b) Balance (c) Rhythm (d) repetition
- The process of allowing line, colour and shape (motif) to feature severally in pattern making is based on what principle of art and design. (a) Balance (b) Proportion
- (c) Repetition (d) harmony
- The distance between two points usually associated with drawing is called ……………….(a) line (b) colour (c) value (d) texture
- The surface quality of an object or any artistic piece is called …………..……(a) value (b) texture (c) colour (d) line
- 5. A dominant element among other visible elements in a work of art is based on what principle of art and design. (a) Balance (b) Proportion (c) Variety (d) Dominance
- The general name given to a group of actors and actresses presented in order of appearance in a drama piece is ………(a) crew (b) audience (c) cast (d) prompter
- Which one of the following is NOT a function of drama?
- (a)It entertains. (b)It kills ideas. (c)It informs. (d)It educates.
- Those who are seated around the auditorium in a theatre are referred to as …………
- cast (b) crew (c) audience (d) congregation
- Which of these members of the crew possess the technical skills in drama? (a) Make – up artist (b) Cameraman (c) Costumier (d) Actors/Actresses
- The articles or artificial objects used by the actor during a dramatic performance are called ……………..(a) prop (b) make up kits (c) costume (d) None of the options.
- Which one of the following materials is NOT required in papiermache? (a) Clay (b) Old newspaper/magazine (c) Liquid glue (d) Starch paste
- During the casting process in papiermache, what material is applied on the outer surface of the bowl to prevent the product from sticking to the bowl when dried? (a) Grease (b) Powder (c) Powdery chalk (d) None of the above
- What is applied on the outer surface of the work in papiermache in order to adorn or decorate it? (a) Colour (b) Paint brush (c) Powder (d) Turpentine
- The paper pulp is made stronger when mixed with …………………..(a) grease (b) starch paste (c) linseed oil (d) None of the above
- ………means telling a story with movements.(a) Dance (b) Drama (c) Singing (d) storytelling
- The drama conveyed by dance movements sometimes accompanied with dialogue is ………………(a) dance drama (b) tap dance (c) ballet (d) tango dance
- Butibuti and Badjao are various comic dances performed among the ………(a) Romans (b) Greeks (c) Philippines (d) Spartans
- A form of dance that involves dancers performing funny dance movements for entertainment is called……. (a) tap dance (b) comic dance (c) pure dance (d) None of
- the above
- A form of dance that involves dancers tapping the floor with purpose built metal heeled shoes and equally dance to the rhythm is called ……….(a) tap dance (b) ballet (c) tango dance (d) comic dance
- ……….. is a play performed by the players to reveal a story through body movement and facial expression without uttering a word.(a) Mime (b) Melodrama (c) Mask drama (d) Folk drama
- A play performed on stage by a comedian/comedienne which makes the audience laugh and ends happily is called ……………………….………..(a) tragic – comedy (b) comedy (c) melodrama (d) mask drama
- A play that has a blend of tragic and comic elements is called …….(a) tragic-comedy (b) comedy (c) melodrama (d) folk drama
- A play that is characterized with tragic events which ends sadly is called……….…..(a) comedy (b) tragedy (c) tragic-comedy (d) melodrama
- The written play by William Shakespeare titled ‘Romeo and Juliet’ is based on …………..……(a) comedy (b) tragedy (c) farce (d) melodrama
- What is farce?
- Define folk drama.
- What is jazz dance?
- State the form of music that jazz dance is quite relevant.
- Define papiermache.
- List two materials required in papiermache.
- Define drama and theatre respectively.
- State three members of the crew.
1.What is variety?
2.How is line applied in art creation?
- What is sense of belonging?
- Define teamwork.
- Describe media arts.
- State any three components of cultural and creative art.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)