CLASS: BASIC 3
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. The ___________ key is the longest key on the keyboard
[a] spare bar [b] function [c] delete
2. Stored information can be used in the future
[a] True [b] False
3. ALU means ________________
[a] Addition Also Union [b] Along logic up [c] Arithmetic logic unit
4. Storage devices are use to _________________
[a] process data [b] save information [c] destroy data
5. The _____________ contains the main memory of the computer
[a] father board [b] monitor [c] motherboard
6. The ______________ is an example of output device
[a] mouse [b] keyboard [c] printer
7. Which of these is the main component of the computer
[a] BVN [b] KAI [c] CPU
8. The system unit is that part of the computer that looks like a ___________
[a] ball [b] box [c] tree
9. To start up a computer one needs to unplug the cables
[a] True [b] False [c] Yes or No
10. _____________ is used to power the computer
[a] charcoal [b] sun [c] electricity
11. There are ……………….. major types of disk
[a] 3 [b] 2 [c] 4
12. ………………….. is an example of disk drive
[a] floppy disk [b] car disk [c] computer disk
13. The father of modern computer is …………………….
[a] Charles Babbage [b] Michael hades [c] John clay
14. The monitor is like a ………………………….
[a] television [b] radio [c] nylon
15. The part of the computer we can see or touch is called ……………..
[a] software [b] hardware [c] people ware
16) Booting is a method of ………… a computer [a] starting [b] shutting [c] damaging
17) There are ______ methods of booting (a) two (b) three (c) five (d) ten
18) _______ is a printing device which shows users their point of action (a) keyboard (b) mouse (c) printer (d) cable
19) U.P.S means Uninterrupted _____ supply (a)port (b)power (d)proper
20 ………. Is items of knowledge; news [a] data [b] information [c] tally
21.____ is dangerous to the computer (a) utility (b)end-user (c)data (d)virus
22. The following device involves u.s.b device except____(a)Mouse (b)monitor (c)keyboard
23.___ is used to print and display information (a)c.p.u (b)scanner (c)printer (d)diskette
24. A ____ cable is that which connect the computer to the network (a) network (b) printer (c) u.s.b (d) power
25. The processor is the ___ of the computer (a)neck (b)Brain (c)Bone (d)waist
Attempt all questions in this section
1. What is storage device ?
b. Mention the two types of storage devices
2. List 3 uses of CDs and DVDs
3. What is Digital literacy ?
b. Mention 3 characteristics of digital literacy
4. Define shut down
b. List 2 steps involved in system shut down
5. What do we mean by shutting down.