PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
MEANING AND SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF DISEASES
PRIMARY FIVE (5)
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
Instructional Materials :
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught
Meaning of Sickness and illness
in their previous lesson
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to know:
- The meaning of Sickness.
- The meaning of illness.
- How to prevent diseases
MEANING OF SIGNS
The following are different meaning of signs:
- It is indication that something is happening.
- It is what a doctor can objectively detect.
- It is an event whose presence indicate the probable occurrence of something.
- It indication of some medical fact that may be detected by a physician during examination of a patient.
MEANING OF SYMPTOM
The following are different meaning of symptom:
- It is something that a patient notice or feel.
- It is the physical condition which shows that someone has a particular illness
- Change in the body or mind.
Like when a patient is feeling pain or dizzy. It shows early stages of fever or virus infection.
TYPES OF SYMPTOM
- Chronic symptoms
- Relapsing symptoms
- Remitting symptom
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- What is Balanced diet?
- What is meaning of Signs?
- What is the meaning of symptom?
The teacher summarize the lesson. He or she gives out a board summary of the topic as note . He or she goes round to mark and does the necessary corrections
(Visited 116 times, 2 visits today)