PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- Rules of Judo
- Skills of Judo
PRIMARY FIVE (5)
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools
Previous Knowledge :
The pupils have been taught topics on Physical and Health Education in their previous lesson
Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
- Explain The rules of judo.
- Mention various skills in judo.
- Demonstrate some skills in judo.
RULES OF JUDO
- Hit and kicks are not allowed
- Fighters must wear special uniform such as jacket and judogi
- Fighting pairs are categorized by weight
- The language used in competition is Japanese
- The competition is supervised by mat referee and two judges
- The fight last for 4 minutes for women and 5 minutes for men
SKILLS OF JUDO
- It is a good physical fitness sport
DEMONSTRATION OF JUDO
Teachers should lead children to demonstrate some judo performances.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
- Mention three rules of judo.
- Mention three skills in judo.
The teacher summarize the lesson. He or she gives out a board summary of the topic as note . He or she goes round to mark and does the necessary corrections
(Visited 263 times, 1 visits today)