PRY 3 PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION ( PHE ) FIRST TERM LESSON RESOURCES
1ST TERM E-NOTE
Topic: Table tennis
Subtitle: Table tennis
Learning Objectives: At the end of this this lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Origin of table tennis
- State players of table tennis
- State modern rules of table tennis
- List skills in table tennis
Resources and materials:
Scheme of work
Instructional material: charts
Building Background/connection to prior knowledge: pupils are familiar with the topic in their previous classes.
Origin of table tennis
Table tennis is a sport in which two or four players hit a lightweight ball back and forth across a table using small rackets or bat. The name table tennis was adopted in 1921-22 when the old Ping -Pong Association formed in 1902 was revived. The Fe’de’ration Internationale de Tennis de Table (International Table Tennis Federation) was founded in 1926, the founding members being England, Sweden, Hungary, India, Denmark, Germany, Czechoslovakia Austria, and Wales.
In 1980 the first World Cup was held, and Guo Yuehua of China won the $12,500 first prize. Table tennis became Olympic sport in 1988, with singles and doubles competition for men and women.
Table tennis modern rules
There are five basic table tennis serving rules;
- Throw the ball 16cm from your fee arm
- Throw near vertically
- Use open palm: the ball must rest on the palm, but not on your fingers
- Serve behind the end line
- Don’t hide the serve
Basic skills for modern Table tennis
- Forehand Drive Technique.
- Backhand topspin close to the table.
- Forehand push and backhand push.
- Forehand flick.
- Backhand flick.
- Backhand loop the under spin ball.
- Forehand attack the semi-long ball.
- Learn Forehand fast serve.
- Forehand pendulum serve.
- Backhand sidespin serve
Step1: Teacher revises the previous topic.
Step2: Teacher introduces the new topic.
Step3: Teacher explains the new topic.
Step4: Teacher welcomes pupils’ questions.
Step5: Teacher evaluates the pupils.
Assessment & Evaluation:
- What is table tennis?
- List four basic skills in table tennis.
- Who won the first table tennis world cup?
WRAP UP(CONCLUSION) Teacher goes over the topic once again for better understanding.
- Table tennis federation was founded in the year ……………………..
- How many people can play table tennis?
- State two table rules.
- Table tennis participated in their first Olympics in year …………………..
(Visited 69 times, 1 visits today)