Behavioural Objectives : At the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to
explain characteristics of various religious groups
Characteristics of different types of religion
* Practical and ritual dimension. : All religious sects and organisations have certain practical behaviours that they observe in order to show alliance to the God Almighty that they believe in . These religious groups perform various series of religious rites and rituals to serve the God that they believe in . Some of them observe fasting , some pray five times in a day , some give offering and alms , others perform sacrifice and offering to the gods or God that they believe .
* Experiential and emotional dimension : Religious groups teach and train their members to be emotional stable even in the midst of life daring situation . This they call FAITH . They teach their members to be emotionally stable
* Narrative or mythic dimension. Most religious sect or organisation always have one narrative or the other on how This or that prophet was saved . Most of these narratives are always relay to portray the mystical or supernatural powers of the supreme Being that they believe in
* A doctrinal or philosophical dimension.: They have religious rules , doctrine or acts of faith that guide every believer of their faith
* Ethical or legal dimension. They teach ethical and moral values . They are also legal entity that are distinct. They can sue and be sue
* Social and institutional dimension. : They are always engaged in socials events .
* Material dimension.
Similarities of different religion in our society
The most common similarity that Christianity, Islam and Judaism have is that they all believe in the existence of one God. There are many other reasons too, one major one being that they all refer to the prophet Abraham as their founding father. Abraham is another important figure uniting the three religions.
The differences in the religious in our community
* Human rights
* Peace making and conflict prevention
* Anti- corruption
* Business ethics.
The topic is presented step by step
The class teacher revises the previous topics
He introduces the new topic
The class teacher allows the pupils to give their own examples and he corrects them when the needs arise
What is religion
Mention three types of Religion in Nigeria
Mention three differences in religion
Mention two similarities in religion
The class teacher gives out ó brief note that is based on the topic that has just been taught.