Edu Delight Tutors
1. Primary tillage is otherwise known as ____A. harrowing B. ploughing C. ridging
2. Secondary tillage is otherwise known as ____ A. harrowing B.ploughing C.mulching D. stumping
3. The operation that follows harrowing is ____ A. ridging B. stumping C. clearing
4. The following are importance of mulching in yam cultivation except A. reduce soil temperature B. conserve soil moisture C. prevent pests attack D. prevent yam rot
5. Cowpea processing involves the following except A. threshing B. sun drying C. per boiling D. winnowing
6. Rice processing include the following except A. threshing B. winnowing C. fermentation D. per boiling
7. Climatic factors include the following except… A. wind B. sunlight C. rocks D. rainfall
8. ….. involves the cultivation of crops and rearing of animals simultaneously on the same piece of farmland. A. Mixed cropping B. Mixed farming C. Bush fallowing D. Pastoral farming
9. The animal dungs and droppings are used as ………to improve the soil fertility for the crops. A. inorganic manure B. organic manure C. moisture D. mulch
10. Schist is formed from A. shale B. sandstone C. quartzite D. coal
11. A metamorphic limestone is A. marble B. gneiss C. schist D. shale
12. The type of rock formed from molten magma is known as A. sedimentary B. schist C. igneous D. sandstone
13. Which of these is not an agent of physical weathering A. ice B. water C. animal
14. Which of the following is not a soil organism that disintegrates rock particlesA. termite B. earthworm C. cattle D. millipede
15. ____ is defined as the disintegration of rocks into smaller particles to form soil.
A. Chemical reaction B. Weather C. Weathering D. Breaking down
16. The following are biotic factors influencing soil formation except A.Termites activitiesB. soil pHC.Microorganism D.Tillage activities
17. The shape of the ground in relation to the underlying rock of the earth surface is known as _____A.slopeB.disintegrationC.topographyD.weathering
18. Which of the following is not a factor of soil formation?A.Topography B.Vegetation C.Parent material D.Weathering
19. The average weather condition of a place over a period of time is referred to as
A.Climate B.Vegetation C.Biotic factor D.Humidity
20. Which of these is not a climatic factor of soil formation? A.Temperature B.Wind
1. Discuss three ways by which vegetation affect soil formation.
2. A. What is rock weathering?
B. Mention three processes of rock weathering.
3. State three characteristics for each of the three rock types.
4. Write short notes on the two aspects of ecology
5. Explain briefly the interaction among the components of ecosystem in: A. a fish pond B. A forest/savannah
6. Discuss the following practices in yam cultivation A. staking B. mulching C. training of vine
7. What are cultural practices?
8. Write short note on the following: A. Land clearing B. tillage
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)